Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I got sick of trying to imagine what a Daytona would look like in Sub-Lime green or Plum Crazy purple, so I spent some time with the Gimp and mocked up some colors.

Although I set out to just make a good lime or purple, while I was at it, I made up some other historical hemi colors, and a couple all-new ones.

Let me know what you think. I'm no artist, unfortunately, and if you're picky you can see some orange that I didn't quite get out, but you get the gist of it. ;)

Firstly, a medium-dark green color, similar to the classic hemi color. "Green Go!":

This is the best lime color I could come up with that wasn't obnoxious. If Dodge makes a Sub-Lime, which the rumors indicate (!), it should look like this. "Sub-Lime":

The much-requested "Hemi Orange":

Personally, I hate this color, but to each his own. It's called Butterscotch:

Again ... whatever floats your boat. :confused: "Panther Pink":

Now, for the purples. This is another hard one to get a good color for. I got two together. I almost made a third, that was a lot darker ... *shrug* If anyone wants a darker one, it only takes a minute to make it, just ask.
First, what I think is closest to "Plum Crazy":

And another variation:

Now, lastly, these two I just made up. I think they're bad a$$.

The first I call "Patriot":

And "Deep Cranberry":

Hope you guys enjoy. Please let me know which you like best. The more I look at it, the more I like the Cranberry. But I prefer dark colors.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
DAM, YOU ARE A PHOTOSHOP GOD! :lol:

They look SWEET!!!!! :smile:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AZCHARGER said:
DAM, YOU ARE A PHOTOSHOP GOD! :lol:

They look SWEET!!!!! :smile:
Thanks dude!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I concur you did a sweat job with the photoshop. That hemi Orange has my name all over it. I hope that one is in tha making down the road or I might just have to make my own. :love:

·
Registered
370 Posts
woot :)

can you send me the psd file? i want to mess with other colors :p

·
Registered
263 Posts
epoch said:
I'm no artist, unfortunately, and if you're picky you can see some orange that I didn't quite get out, but you get the gist of it. ;)
Are you kidding me?!? I have been using Photoshop for over eight years and that looks pretty damn professional. You have some skills dude!

·
Registered
369 Posts
OMG! Those are AWESOME!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
74 Posts
those are all awsome colors, i dont think i can choose a favorite but the 3 I like the most are the lime green, HEMI orange, and your "patriot blue", great job man

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great pictures, absolutely love, especially cranberry. I had a dark purple '98 Z28 which was far and away the most attention I've ever received in a vehicle, so I'm partial to the purples as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks great, you don't know how long I have been waiting for someone to do that! Thank you!!
Of the colors you have there, I like the Hemi orange and the blue, it's a toss up!
The lime green is not the sublime that i remember, it seems to have more yellow.

How about doing a "petty blue", after the blue richard petty made famous, then a sublime green?

again, nice job!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CHARGERMARC said:
Looks great, you don't know how long I have been waiting for someone to do that! Thank you!!
Of the colors you have there, I like the Hemi orange and the blue, it's a toss up!
The lime green is not the sublime that i remember, it seems to have more yellow.

How about doing a "petty blue", after the blue richard petty made famous, then a sublime green?

again, nice job!
Get me some good references (images) of that blue and I'll do it tomorrow night. As for the lime, I didn't try to match the "sub-lime of old" directly, but take a new twist on it that (I thought) would look good today. Kind of like how the Go Man-Go! is not a direct copy of the old version ... but if you get me a good reference of the old sub-lime, I'll try a more direct copy of that tomorrow as well.

HTH

·
Registered
630 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous!! Although not thrilled with the butterscotch and the pink, I am sure someone would by them. My favorites were the lighter Sub-Lime (damn had I had a choice between GoMango and that, I would have gone that route). Not sure about the two purples, I thought Plum-Crazy was darker with more of a blue hue than towards the red spectrum (I cruised around with a buddy who owned a 70 Roadrunner in Plum-Crazy for most of my High School and pre-marriage years. I'll know when the correct hue is achieved.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I think you're right about the Plum.

How about this?

Oh, and rhanks everyone for the compliments!

·
Registered
630 Posts
epoch said:
Yeah, I think you're right about the Plum.

How about this?
{pic removed for space}
Bingo! That is so close. It would take a side by side to know for sure. Well done! Very well done!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CO-Charger said:
Bingo! That is so close. It would take a side by side to know for sure. Well done! Very well done!
Sweet. I can't wait to see what Dodge comes up with. I've heard a lot of rumors that indicate plum and lime are the next two colors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thought I would take a shot at sub lime.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts