Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer had these 20" rims that looked like mirrors on my charger before I bought it. I made them take them off and give me the stock equipment (and money off the car) . They put on 18"rims not the shiny ones but still some sort of metal. The tire they put on was the good year assurance. Is this the right OEM tire?

·
Registered
609 Posts
hmm, not on mine. I have the R&T and they were michelin hxmx4(or something like that), and the regular RT has Continentals. Unless some came with those goodyears, all I've seen are those two.

·
Super Moderator
11,767 Posts
My dealer had these 20" rims that looked like mirrors on my charger before I bought it. I made them take them off and give me the stock equipment (and money off the car) . They put on 18"rims not the shiny ones but still some sort of metal. The tire they put on was the good year assurance. Is this the right OEM tire?
The stock tire is the Goodyear RS-A

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
hmm, not on mine. I have the R&T and they were michelin hxmx4(or something like that), and the regular RT has Continentals. Unless some came with those goodyears, all I've seen are those two.
They ditched the Conti's because of the poor quality (people were getting about 10K on the Conti's and DCX must have gotten tired of the complaining). IIRC, the switchover was sometime mid '06 year.

·
Registered
609 Posts
They ditched the Conti's because of the poor quality (people were getting about 10K on the Conti's and DCX must have gotten tired of the complaining). IIRC, the switchover was sometime mid '06 year.
ah, makes sense. I've got 32k on my michelins and still goin! That's with some pretty good burnouts too.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
That is correct for the '06 model year. Later, they started shipping with the Goodyears. I saw an early one on the delivery truck even before they unloaded it from the factory.

The Michelins have a higher speed rating (hence the R&T has the "high speed engine controller", which means the top speed governor is raised to 145MPH, instead of 125MPH for the R/T (numbers not exact).

The Michelins are also a tad wider, P235 as opposed to P225 for the Continentals.

I don't know much about the Goodyears.

·
Registered
74 Posts
my 07 rt with r&t came with goodyear RSA, tires are expensive as I had to replace one thanks to the biggest screw ever piercing the sidewall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.