Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, nothing has come across to order as of 9:45 CST, but there is quite a bit of misinformation on the previous thread. Allocation is based on Sales of Chargers , as well as SRT products, and with many Dealers not having received very many Chargers, they will be at a loss, unfortunately. More importantly, make sure the Dealer is an SRT Dealer, as order schedules and ability has popped up for all Dealers , accidentally, and then customers lost their spots, as the Dealer was ineligible. This actually happened as recently as with the 300 SRT8. Many Dealers will only get one car or so, and production on this car and other SRT8s is not scheduled to increase until Sept.

Keep in mind that opening order dates are often delayed for various reasons, but it should pop up reasonably soon.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Viper & SRT Mgr
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper, SRT
1-800-889-1893

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, DC computers have been down due to the current Virus, so it is a possibility , also , that this has delayed getting the system up and running.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
So I was right, Bill? Not trying to get gloating priviliedges, just wanting to make sure I understand what exactly was the misinformation. If any of it was mine, I want to correct it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
thank you bill and keep up the good work. we have a list for srt8 that will put us into the 07 modles. im waiting to see if the 07 have posi rear end and not traction control plus i can get an 07 at 100 over invoice if i wait.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
jim383 said:
thank you bill and keep up the good work. we have a list for srt8 that will put us into the 07 modles. im waiting to see if the 07 have posi rear end and not traction control plus i can get an 07 at 100 over invoice if i wait.
I'll give you $100.00 if you kinda like........loose that list. :wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As of 1:30 it has not happened , and initially the set date was Tuesday. I would say the only suggestion I have GLHS, is though your info was correct, this happens quite frequently, for various reasons, and it is one reason I don't often post until the occassion actually occurs. Too many things happen with the specialty areas of DC, with supplier issues on a much smaller scale, and for me to get folks hope up,to have them crash , looks bad for a Dealer. You have some good connections, the wheel just gets sticky , at times.

Hopefully we will see it pop up soon, as we do have a great allocation, and we can probably still fill a few more spots. Of course it will probably be like the 300 SRT8 and the Magnum SRT8, where we seemed locked in a crazy color pattern --- 5 SRT8 300s, all silver, and then 4 Magnum SRT8s , all black.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Gotcha Bill. I did not pull the trigger on posting that, but I DID kinda jump the bandwagon when the sales manager locally showed his screen with the numbers. We did not dig down far enough to hit the "Buy now" button:) Mea Culpa:)

Speaking of which, can you provide the book prices? He came up with 43K with all three SRT option groups and a sunroof, but no indication of GGT status.

And lastly, you wanna tweak the Mopar Accessories guys? Tell'em you got a customer who wants to know if the rooftop carrier (the swoopy clamshell one)is rated to SRT-8 speeds? :) See what they say:)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Gotcha Bill. I did not pull the trigger on posting that, but I DID kinda jump the bandwagon when the sales manager locally showed his screen with the numbers. We did not dig down far enough to hit the "Buy now" button:) Mea Culpa:)

Speaking of which, can you provide the book prices? He came up with 43K with all three SRT option groups and a sunroof, but no indication of GGT status.

And lastly, you wanna tweak the Mopar Accessories guys? Tell'em you got a customer who wants to know if the rooftop carrier (the swoopy clamshell one)is rated to SRT-8 speeds? :) See what they say:)
Nope, I in fact pulled the trigger on that post because I read the e-mail at the dealership and it stated that order's would begin 8/16/05 and I wanted to share with my fellow Charger heads. Sorry for any anxiety overloads. :happy: Mike

·
Registered
175 Posts
mmaloy said:
Nope, I in fact pulled the trigger on that post because I read the e-mail at the dealership and it stated that order's would begin 8/16/05 and I wanted to share with my fellow Charger heads. Sorry for any anxiety overloads. :happy: Mike
Don't feel bad, we all make mistakes :cry: :cry: :happy:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
RPMSRT8 said:
Don't feel bad, we all make mistakes :cry: :cry: :happy:
LOL!! well, I feel bad because it didn't work like it was supposed to, but I'm still gonna inform you guy's of info if I feel it's important. Nomex suit on, flame away!!! JK!!!!!! :happy: :wink:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Just remember Mike, Nomex chars at 800 degrees :devil: At least that's what the Navy instructors always told us.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Just remember Mike, Nomex chars at 800 degrees :devil: At least that's what the Navy instructors always told us.
My Nomex suit has foam dispencer's at 3000psi. :whistle: :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
A false alarm shows we're awake and ready to go, when the order line opens. I gave one when my dealer called and said the Charger SRT8 line is open. I immediately posted it to this site so all could jump in, only to have the dealer call back later to say it didn't go and I had to retract my go order. I would rather have a false start or two than ignore a "sign" and pay the "late" price of a missed opportunity. We have a great team of "watchers" here and we will prevail any day now. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
This pricing thing was the last straw to convince my sales manager that I really did know as much as he did:) And more in some cases, when he had to look up the production date, which I had just told him

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
RPMSRT8 said:
A false alarm shows we're awake and ready to go, when the order line opens. I gave one when my dealer called and said the Charger SRT8 line is open. I immediately posted it to this site so all could jump in, only to have the dealer call back later to say it didn't go and I had to retract my go order. I would rather have a false start or two than ignore a "sign" and pay the "late" price of a missed opportunity. We have a great team of "watchers" here and we will prevail any day now. :rockon:
Don't blink until you the whites of the order form!!! :wink:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why do I get this funny dejavu feeling with the first 2006 charger srt-8's,like the 2005 300c srt-8"s,that the first year will be very limited in numbers to 200-300 cars with the late start and all,making my car super f*#k*n rare!! OK that does it,someone turn their head so I can cut in line(glhs-hint hint)!! :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
JohnnyG said:
Why do I get this funny dejavu feeling with the first 2006 charger srt-8's,like the 2005 300c srt-8"s,that the first year will be very limited in numbers to 200-300 cars with the late start and all,making my car super f*#k*n rare!! OK that does it,someone turn their head so I can cut in line(glhs-hint hint)!! :D
No No!! Your behind LT, who's behind me!! hehehe :wink:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Psst, Johnny, for $500, I know where to pick up a very concealable trank gun:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts