Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I was wondering, for those who have ordered a vehicle from FCA, if you could answer a couple questions.

1. What kind of deposit were you asked to put down, if any?
2. What happens if rebates are better when the vehicle comes in than when the vehicle is ordered?
3. Anything else I should know?

I've never ordered a vehicle, but I'm thinking this is how it's going to happen this time. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Hello all,
I was wondering, for those who have ordered a vehicle from FCA, if you could answer a couple questions.

2. What happens if rebates are better when the vehicle comes in than when the vehicle is ordered?

I've never ordered a vehicle, but I'm thinking this is how it's going to happen this time. Thanks.
Typically a dealership will ask for about $500 as a deposit. If benefits such as rebates improve at any time between your order being placed and your car arriving, you (are supposed to) get the best. Meaning... if you agree to an order in January and the car is delivered in December, but in May there's a $x rebate, you get that rebate.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't believe any deposit is required to place an order, at least my dealer didn't ask for one.

As for the rebates, your dealer should be able to "lock in" certain rebates at the time the order is placed. The Power Dollars should be one such rebate. Once it's locked in, I think Anguish is right - you can do no worse, but may be able to do better if the rebate is more favorable at the time of delivery.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Always place a deposit so it’s binding. We already had a member have his order sold out from underneath him because he couldn’t get there within a few days due to work obligations. Dealer I’m sure sold it for more profit.

Is the Power Dollars available now on 2021 models?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all,

I ordered mine on 9-11-20, it was built sometime in early November. I took delivery 12-22-20. I put $500.00 down to lock the order price. When it came in the MSRP has risen about $500.00. Up until 1-4-21 there was a $3000.00 factory incentive, I do believe it's gone. No power dollars yet. When the car comes in to the dealer and you start the buying process, that is when the rebates at that time if any will come into play. These cars are "hot on the lot," so don't expect any huge discounts. A lot of dealers in Arizona are jackin up the price over MSRP. I got exactly what I wanted in my car by ordering it, you just have to be patient...

·
Registered
298 Posts
I ordered mine on 9-11-20, it was built sometime in early November. I took delivery 12-22-20. I put $500.00 down to lock the order price. When it came in the MSRP has risen about $500.00. Up until 1-4-21 there was a $3000.00 factory incentive, I do believe it's gone. No power dollars yet. When the car comes in to the dealer and you start the buying process, that is when the rebates at that time if any will come into play. These cars are "hot on the lot," so don't expect any huge discounts. A lot of dealers in Arizona are jackin up the price over MSRP. I got exactly what I wanted in my car by ordering it, you just have to be patient...
So you got the 2021 with the price increase? Which model?

I'm holding out for the Employee pricing from a retired family member later in the year. No PD rebate is a deal breaker. The Brampton shut down doesn't help. Between CCP virus, election/political interference, and now semiconductor device shortages, still getting bent over by the Chinese commies.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Dealer never asked but I offered $1000 deposit paid on my credit card on the last one I ordered, did it over the phone after he emailed me the POC and I double checked it. Good thing I did because he ordered black laguna instead of the black alcantara interior that I wanted, so had to fix that.

On the Power Dollars, don't think you'll be seeing them on 2021 anytime soon. With Brampton shut down the demand will exceed supply so there's just no need for them to throw money away.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts

I'm holding out for the Employee pricing from a retired family member later in the year. No PD rebate is a deal breaker. The Brampton shut down doesn't help. Between CCP virus, election/political interference, and now semiconductor device shortages, still getting bent over by the Chinese commies.
I ordered a SPWB fully loaded, no tech group, no cargo net, and no bright door sills. I got wheels and tires, plus group, HK stereo system, nav uconnect, sunroof, carbon and suede, and the wide body package. I built my wide body on dodge.com 2020, and then at the dealer I was able to price and order a 2021. so I have both costs, and the 2021 only increased about $1400.00...

·
Registered
28 Posts

The power dollars make an otherwise expensive car seem reasonable price wise. But for me I wanted a factory hot rod, cost was important but not a factor in my decision to buy, I leased it, the residual is 62% of MSRP. It will be an expensive used car in three years...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Currently the Chargers below Hellcat get $3000 off, and Hellcat and above gets $6000 for 2021 models. Power dollars still available for 2020 models, but not many of those left. I think Koron is right, probably won't see power dollars again for a few months. I wish I had been in the market in the heart of covid. Missed out on all those deals.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The power dollars make an otherwise expensive car seem reasonable price wise. But for me I wanted a factory hot rod, cost was important but not a factor in my decision to buy, I leased it, the residual is 62% of MSRP. It will be an expensive used car in three years...
Is the 62% for a 36mo 36k mile lease? Also, do you recall what the money factor was? Interesting to see Dodges leasing well when the my generally seem to take a pretty big depreciation hit outside of Covid.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Currently the Chargers below Hellcat get $3000 off, and Hellcat and above gets $6000 for 2021 models. Power dollars still available for 2020 models, but not many of those left. I think Koron is right, probably won't see power dollars again for a few months. I wish I had been in the market in the heart of covid. Missed out on all those deals.
I think the best deals were pre-COVID when the Wuhanians were dropping like flies Hadn’t hit here yet in the Amerigas. I think I was running around stocking up on food, water, TP, and lead before the masses caught on and cleared the shelves.:oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts