Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if either of these things sound normal. I’m wanting to order a Charger Hellcat Redeye and when talking to the dealer two things were kinda surprising.

1) Current orders likely won’t start building until June. Due to customer allocation? Said other dealers would face the same issue. This would put the delivery likely in August.

2) could not lock in the current 4K incentive. Have to wait to see what was available when the car comes. But did say felt confident they would at least be able to do as well come the time.

Now, while they want me to put down a down payment (fair), I can walk away at any time and get the money back.

This seems counter to what I am used to hearing on this forum. Then again while there a number of dodge dealers in the area the Charger selection in 250miles is pretty sparse.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just curious if either of these things sound normal. I’m wanting to order a Charger Hellcat Redeye and when talking to the dealer two things were kinda surprising.

1) Current orders likely won’t start building until June. Due to customer allocation? Said other dealers would face the same issue. This would put the delivery likely in August.

2) could not lock in the current 4K incentive. Have to wait to see what was available when the car comes. But did say felt confident they would at least be able to do as well come the time.

Now, while they want me to put down a down payment (fair), I can walk away at any time and get the money back.

This seems counter to what I am used to hearing on this forum. Then again while there a number of dodge dealers in the area the Charger selection in 250miles is pretty sparse.
Dealerships don't get "Customer Allocations". That alone is BS. They get allotments based on the amount of units they sell.

I'd go to a larger dealership and see what they tell you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealerships don't get "Customer Allocations". That alone is BS. They get allotments based on the amount of units they sell.

I'd go to a larger dealership and see what they tell you
To be clear they were claiming that this was something that should impact all dealerships, meaning that no one can deliver it sooner. I might have gotten the term wrong. But it sounds like there shouldn’t be a general issue.

I’ll try the largest dealer in the area.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's a worldwide chip shortage... specifically, a shortage of $1 display driver chips.
It will continue for a while.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts

Run away. Hopefully, bottom feeders like this will eventually have to find honest jobs as people like yourself utilize the internet to get better informed and their business withers on the vine.

Best,

Reactions: Punisher69

·
Registered
166 Posts
It took me 5 months to get my new 2021 Charger Pursuit, because Brampton was closed in January.
Brampton is closed now.

IMHO, the dealer is telling you the truth. If you like that dealer, I would recommend you order the car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had to wait 3 months for my 300s in 2015. Everyone told me that’s not normal but that’s my experience. The chip shortage may affect car sales worse than COVID did. That’s what my management is telling us now (at a manufacturing facility).

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't know how it works with red eye but usually cars like that don't get the same incentives because there's more risk selling them off the lot if the buyer backs out.

They're right on the ordering thing, if the delay is at the factory level going to another dealer isn't going to change much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have talked to two other dealers in my area. One gave an estimate of late summer for delivery but could not say for sure. The other wouldn’t give a date — just there are delays at the factory and they have no real control over it.

So at least I’m hearing consistent things.

And all three said the same thing about only being able to apply the incentives that exist at the time of delivery.

·
Registered
166 Posts
And all three said the same thing about only being able to apply the incentives that exist at the time of delivery.
This info is accurate. I've ordered 4 cars since 2012; the incentives and financing will be whatever is current when you take delivery.

·
Registered
2015 Charger SXT AWD
6 Posts

Brampton plant was closed in Jan, and now closed again until at least mid-April, so the delay issue isn't a made up one, i placed an order early March and have no progress on my build. Can't comment on the incentive/allocation stuff.

I work in the rental car industry, and Chrysler is most-likely going to cancel ALL of our orders to prioritize non-fleet orders, so the shortage/issues are real.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Talked to a couple of other dealers. Definitely a consistent story in regards to incentives. And thanks for all who applied. And there does seem to be a thing called dealer allocation, as one acknowledged that they likely couldn’t order another one any time soon because of that. Others just wouldn’t give any better estimate of availability till the end of summer (hoped it would be sooner).

So, long story short I went ahead and ordered it, and will just be impatiently waiting until it arrives.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Crap! Go to another, bigger dealer. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
133 Posts

I ordered a Redeye Charger last week while picking up the hellcat Durango. Both items applied to me as well. Dealer feel incentives will still be there however. As for timeline he said 4-5 months. This is from the GM not the salesman. I’ve bought from them since 08. I didn’t question why the wait as I’m not in a hurry. I already own an HC Charger so I was like “ok call me when it comes in.”

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After calling around a bit. One dealer made and offer of 5k dealer discount and the promise of minimum 4K incentives. The delivery time they stated was no longer than 4-5 months but hopefully shorter. So I went ahead and placed the order.
Now the wait begins.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I agree. Incentives will be as you take delivery. I just ordered a Charger Scat Pack this past Monday so I want to follow this thread. I am sure my order will sit idle for a while but I was kinda surprised that my car was assigned a VIN# already. I am assuming the HC Redeye being more limited production its going to take longer... but 4-5 months is a wild long time. I get why but wow!! Good Luck and glad you ordered it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts