Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know if you order a new Daytona, you can get the care without certain or all decals? (rather than taking them off yourself..)

Anyone know?

JK

·
Registered
379 Posts
Do you know if you order a new Daytona, you can get the care without certain or all decals? (rather than taking them off yourself..)

Anyone know?

JK
Don't know about ordering it from the factory without them. I got mine new a the dealer and it didn't have the stickers. That's one of the main reasons I got it. Not that they look 'that' bad, just not for me....:)

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I bought my car "used" (500mi.) and it had a solid black "bee" stripe around the back. (5-6" wide with pinstripe on both sides) I peeled the stripe off while it was 92 deg. outside on a sunny day. It was a little difficult to peel, but I was patient and didn't try to rip it too much. There was a little glue residue left over here and there. I took a break for dinner after the stripe was off, and it was almost 10 deg. cooler when I went to work on it with Goo-Gone. That seemed to work much better on a cooler car!

If you order the car "without decals", the dealer may just take them off at the dealership before delivery, I'm not sure. If you need to remove them yourself, the hood decal would probably somewhat difficult, but do-able.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
i don't think you can order it without them, but they are VERY easy to peel off. they don't leave any residue at all, and all you have to do is apply some wax to the newly exposed paint!

[/IMG]
Hey, from a Carolina Fan, thats a very fitting color, looks awesome without the striping.

Unfortunately no USC color available yet!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
If you don't want the decals, and you arent worried about the numbered plate, just order an RT with R&T and save yourself about 3K. Unless of course what you are after is the cooler colors. Then again the Torreds came back as regular colors. God I hope Top Banana and Sublime dont come as stock RT colors.....

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You can't order the Daytonas without the decals. I had my salesman call his factory rep, and he got turned down. As was said, they are easy to take off.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The decals are what make it a Daytona. Along with name plate and cool colors. Why buy a Daytona if you just wanna alter it and decrease collectability of the vehicle.
I disagree. I can put stickers on it later or the next owner could do as he wishes. LOL...I'm not selling her...Stickers won't decrease anything....my opinion...Oh yeah, if you remove them you gain around 3 horsepower....:p

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Oh yeah, if you remove them you gain around 3 horsepower....:p
That only holds true for Torreds which as everyone knows come from the factory with only 340 horses.
:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
That only holds true for Torreds which as everyone knows come from the factory with only 340 horses.
:)
My poor, misinformed friend.....:grin:

Now get back to the blackjack table!:grin: :grin:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Why not just buy an R/T w the Road and Track Package...basically it is a debadged Daytona

·
Registered
379 Posts
Still though...RT with RT is not a daytona....

·
Registered
619 Posts
i bought my daytona for the color, not the decals and i don't feel it makes it any less of a daytona by taking them off. as for "decreasing the collectibility": your daytona with stripes is 1/4000, while my daytona without stripes is 1/1. think about it! :p

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Still though...RT with RT is not a daytona....
But if you are going to change it and take the decals etc off anyway why bother getting a Daytona annyway...unless you want the Plum Crazy, Sublime or Hemi Orange etc etc, otherwise I see no point if you are going to take all teh Daytona stuff off anyway.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just the body stickers. I prefer my Daytona without them. That's all. Kinda like a sleeper....lol....It's still #809 of 2,000 and its mine.

·
Registered
330 Posts
thanks man! just wait until i get my srt8 hood put on tomorrow. :twisted:
So let's see some photos!

I understand all you guys about the "collectability" and you are probably right purely from that standpoint. However, that wont matter for 30 years, till it's a classic and there are only 100 of the originals left. Then the stickers will be available and are a pretty cheap item to fix.

I'm actually kinda curious when this generation of collectables gets old, what happens when all the computers aren't manufactured anymore. They will be much harder to restore and maintain.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
The decals are what make it a Daytona. Along with name plate and cool colors. Why buy a Daytona if you just wanna alter it and decrease collectability of the vehicle.
Collectability? C'mon. They make WAY too many of them for it to have any value as a collector car. I might have considered a Daytona if in addition to a decal delete there was a spoiler delete and a more sedate choice of colors. :) I'll grant the Daytona one advantage in my eyes...the seats are definitely nicer than a plain ol' RT.

Best,

1 - 20 of 40 Posts