Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know how long it normaly takes to order a 08 RT Charger? The dealrship tells me 6 to 9 weeks. According to the dealership theres issues getting enough Mygigs to install in the new Chargers thus causing a backup.

I have an offer to buy my current car an 05 chrysler pacifica but I cant be with out a car for that long any one else know how long it should take to get my new charger?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Does any one know how long it normaly takes to order a 08 RT Charger? The dealrship tells me 6 to 9 weeks. According to the dealership theres issues getting enough Mygigs to install in the new Chargers thus causing a backup.

I have an offer to buy my current car an 05 chrysler pacifica but I cant be with out a car for that long any one else know how long it should take to get my new charger?

Thanks in advance
There are some killer deals on 2007's if your not stuck on getting a 2008. You can save thousands. Just a thought. :smile:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive looked at a few 07s however there are vary few have the options I like but its still an option. I also get a good sized discount on the car via work so it drops the 08 price around to the 07s price

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Get an 08 if you value a great interior... they're completely re-updating the interior materials and layout... it looks bitchin awesome. Check out the gauge cluster of an 08 and you'll not want want an 07. The horrible door and center console padding (haha, there is no padding on a 06 and 07, they are the worst plastics ever in the history of cars costing over $10,000) should be worth paying more for an 08.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It's hard to make out details in a picture... but that's the problem with 06 and 07 LX cars. They were made to look nice but felt like crap.

Notice the cleaner (less toy like) IP. The cup holders are bigger. The doors are actually soft. There is a nice accent on the passenger side. They got rid of that obvious kink in mis-matching gauge cluster and center stack area. The vents actually move left and right and close fully. The new touchscreen radio is 1000x better than the 2007MY 6-disc or Nav system. The steering wheel diameter is actually thicker/better materials. The seats should be updated as well.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
yo im so ****ing pissed right now tht i got the o7 if i waited for the o8 like my dad said i would of had a touch screen and all newer **** im so ****ing PISSED

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
yeah, and don't forget they nixed the bull-crap cruise control lever that you use with your left hand. You know, the one that everybody hates?

They replaced it with a thumb-operated dongle that hangs on the right side like what Toyota has been using for a decade.

Also the key is completely different - it is not a long metal shaft with a fob attached to the end. It's just a slender plastic fob with no metal - an RFID tag in the key tells the car it is okay to start when you insert it into the slot.

·
Banned
18 Posts
DAMMITTTTT MAN i hate to say this but my dad was ****ing right OMG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear ya I hated the look of the cruse control arm sticking out. My dad has a Toyota and I like the contol arm there guess I will have to wait the time to order an 08

I'm told that it takes 6 to 9 weeks to have th car arrive any one else have experance ordering a custom charger and how long it took? I would like to start driving it before winter hits.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ordered mine July 3rd. still waiting for the mygigs. That's apparently what's holding up production. We're probably looking at later this month or definitely october delivery. it's fine, more time to save money for that down payment.

·
Registered
211 Posts
How do you order a Charger? I can't find an option on the Dodge website :confused:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I went to the dealer and ordered it in person. I would never order the car over the internet. how are you going to make them hurt on the price that way? they may try to give you a hard time and try to sell you a leftover but I want the next model year. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.