Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First of all, Greetings from sunny SoCal.

I've been lurking for a few months and am now ready to order my 08 Charger. I'm going with the SRT, and noticed they now have Steel Blue as a color choice on the SRT's. I had pretty much decided on TorRed until I saw this choice.

I'm considering the Steel Blue, it will be my daily driver and I plan on doing some moderate mods. Problem is, none of the dealerships in my area have any Steel Blue chargers to look at.

Any of you that chose Steel Blue, have you regretted it? Do you like how it looks? It's hard to tell on the Dodge website what this color really looks like.

I know it all comes down to personal preference, but any opinions about this color would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Steel Blue will probably be my choice when I order my '08 Road/Track Group Charger in a few months. I think it will look great on a SRT8 also, and can't wait to see one.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Steel blue is an awesome color. I almost bought one but when I went
back it was sold. Besides if your a charger fan doesn't steel blue kinda
match??

·
Registered
769 Posts
Torred baby!! All the way. :rockon:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I have seen Steel Blue several times in person and it is absolutley beautiful. Its different than the pics on the Dodge website. It shimmers in the sunlight. :grin:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hands down, TorRed! I NEVER see any the same color as mine in So Cal, come to think of it, go with Steel Blue!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
TorRed !!!! That way you get all diffrent kind of Red depending on day or night cloudy or sunny !!

06 TorRed #575

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, thanks everyone for the replies.

Smoke, I'm a Huge Chargers fan, but I think this blue is more subtle than the football Chargers blue.

Pablo22, I like the way you think.

I'm going to search for Magnums in stock around my area in the steel blue color and go visit to take a look. Should be exactly the same color, right?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would think so, but then again I am partial to TORRED. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
TORRED ALL THE WAY

although torred attracts cops a LOT more than a darker color car....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Steel Blue RTRT on order and chose it because it will be a daily driver. Red=more tickets. Steel Blue= a color you won't have to share with anybody soon and you will blend in as much as possible under the SRT circumstances.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The blue is nice........ but if you want the FASTER color..... I'd go with the RED!!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
i love that they are coming out with a steel blue srt8. only gonna tempt me to trade my steel blue r/t in for one. i love the color. it was my number 1 color choice because i wanted either a blue or charcoal gray color. well this matches pretty well. looks anywhere from a dark blue to blue to grayish blue to bluish gray to charcoal (to green according to my parents). and the metallic paint sparkles/shines

·
Registered
122 Posts
Steel blue Torred is waayyy to red. So go with Steel Blue or find the best Plum Carzy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Another nod for STEEL BLUE. Definitely the most unique of the non-Daytona colors... and it cleans up real nice!!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Well, I like the new blue.

All the Torred owners are saying "RED", and all others are saying "BLUE", so I'll let you put two & two together....:lol:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Torred is waayyy to red.
That's one reason I like it. Plus there are only 2 other TorRed Chargers around here and I rarely see either of them. One Daytona and one SRT. Plus, if you clean her up real well, the shine off the TorRed paint is awsome.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts