Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i order'd my first mod today from HHP one of the site sponcers

i got a Zoomers catback system,there was 2 to chose from i went with the more aggressive of the 2.

and im going to the dealership on monday to get pricing for a header/high flow cat,parts and install

is it ok to buy the headers and cats from the moparsuperstore and have them put on elsewhere beside the dealer....as far as warrenty goes or should i just order it threw the dealer and have them install

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Congrats but now you are screwed. Once the mod bug gets a bite into you its all over.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been trying to hold out as long as possible...i just turned 6500 miles and figured i could start modding now.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I'm trying to slow down now. All mods in the next 4 months must be done by me with existing parts or products in my possesion. Saving for lt's next.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I am soliciting advice as we spe....err.....type. I havent decided. I will be putting on e cutouts, so I dont care about sound. All I want is the best flow to work with the HHP stage 2 or 3 that I hope to do next summer. Just thinking bout quarter times.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
well i order'd my first mod today from HHP one of the site sponcers

i got a Zoomers catback system,there was 2 to chose from i went with the more aggressive of the 2.

and im going to the dealership on monday to get pricing for a header/high flow cat,parts and install

is it ok to buy the headers and cats from the moparsuperstore and have them put on elsewhere beside the dealer....as far as warrenty goes or should i just order it threw the dealer and have them install
A lot of dealers won't install parts unless you ordered them through them. Although, I had dealer install my catbacks that I ordered online and I wish I hadn't. They did a very bad job. First of all, the right pipe wasn't aligned and was hanging down. Then when I went to get my headers installed at a performance shop, they took me out and showed me my car on the lift and showed me exhaust leaks that I had. They said it wasn't installed correctly. They fixed the leaks for me, and the right pipe that was hanging down.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I didn't realize that zoomers had 2 options for the exhaust on our cars. Where did you find information on this "more aggressive" exhaust. their website only shows one option for the R/T.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
For the Zoomers, go to a muffler shop for install. You can't go wrong. They will have all the knowledge & tools to install them right. Some who had cat backs installed at non-muffler shops, wound up going back to a muffler shop to fix the original install.

I had mine ordered & installed by HHP, since they are right down the street from me...

- Mark

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
im was wondering about the buying and install of the headers....should i use the dealerships

warrenty is very important to me and i dont want to mess it up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doing my first performance mods this week going with the Borla CatBacks and a CAI. I really don't know if a CAI is the right thing to do out here in the desert of the Middle East??? Also adding the Daytona grille. getting ready for winter time in Abu DHabi which is our driving season!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
im was wondering about the buying and install of the headers....should i use the dealerships

warrenty is very important to me and i dont want to mess it up
Here in California, dealers won't install headers because technically they're "illegal". Anything that moves or replaces the position of the catalytic converters is considered illegal. :smoke:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I would not have the dealer do it. It would not change the status of the warranty if they did. All dealers need the approval of DCX to extend/honor a warranty. In fact, the less the dealer knows, the better in my opinion.

- Mark

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would not have the dealer do it. It would not change the status of the warranty if they did. All dealers need the approval of DCX to extend/honor a warranty. In fact, the less the dealer knows, the better in my opinion.

- Mark

so even if you buy mopar parts from the dealership and they install it on the car it still wont be cover'd?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
so even if you buy mopar parts from the dealership and they install it on the car it still wont be cover'd?
Maybe an alarm or other smaller things.....I doubt new headers or what you want done would be covered on the standard 3/36....

- Mark

·
Registered
676 Posts
You purchased a warranty (car) from Dodge on the parts that CAME on your vehicle.....not the parts that you are GOING to put on your vehicle. Zoomers will be your new warranty for your cat back exhaust system, not Chrysler. Whatever company you buy your headers from will be your new warranty for those parts. Get where I am going with this?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You purchased a warranty (car) from Dodge on the parts that CAME on your vehicle.....not the parts that you are GOING to put on your vehicle. Zoomers will be your new warranty for your cat back exhaust system, not Chrysler. Whatever company you buy your headers from will be your new warranty for those parts. Get where I am going with this?
im fine with that.....i just thought he meant it would void out the WHOLE warrenty on the car?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
im fine with that.....i just thought he meant it would void out the WHOLE warrenty on the car?
Not unless the part you replace/upgrade causes the issue, and even if it did, the burden of proof is with the dealership, and there are federal laws that mandate certain procedures. So, if you blow your engine, they have to prove that the headers did it. Many, many, many here have already done what you are doing, and never had issues with warranty repairs.

Mod away!

- Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts