Charger Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ll check the codes and what that step means but hey it moved so that’s at least something. I know you’ve been waiting a lot longer than I have but I’m pulling for you as a fellow Canuck.
I can tell you going from BX to BG is not a good thing it moved backwards!!

BX - PASSED EDIT WAITING FOR SCHEDULE
BG - PASSED EDIT N/A FOR SCHEDULE

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don’t think they can do anything let alone know what’s going on. It’s not a chip issue (USA are getting theirs) and it’s not a plant shutdown issue either (USA still getting theirs) so it’s complete nonsense why it’s taking this long.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don’t think they can do anything let alone know what’s going on. It’s not a chip issue (USA are getting theirs) and it’s not a plant shutdown issue either (USA still getting theirs) so it’s complete nonsense why it’s taking this long.
From everything I’ve heard it is a chip issue in that they can’t build everything that they normally do. Plus my understanding is that even though Canadians pay equivalently more for car, dodge makes less.
There have been plenty of reports saying that pretty much every manufacturer is focusing on producing just the cars that will give them the highest profit.
Now, that still stinks for anyone in Canada that isn’t having their order made (I have heard of a few hellcats being made for Canadian residents recently), but it seems like other models not so much.

·
Registered
355 Posts
From everything I’ve heard it is a chip issue in that they can’t build everything that they normally do. Plus my understanding is that even though Canadians pay equivalently more for car, dodge makes less.
There have been plenty of reports saying that pretty much every manufacturer is focusing on producing just the cars that will give them the highest profit.
Now, that still stinks for anyone in Canada that isn’t having their order made (I have heard of a few hellcats being made for Canadian residents recently), but it seems like other models not so much.
This is the case across the board. Companies are putting their resources into their bread and butter products. The supply chain is not getting better, but there are still bills to be paid and profit needs to exist.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This is the case across the board. Companies are putting their resources into their bread and butter products. The supply chain is not getting better, but there are still bills to be paid and profit needs to exist.
What’s going to be interesting is how this impacts the future. Evidently a number of car companies are doing very well in this climate as they have switched from building predicted cars to mostly focusing on orders. They are selling the cars for higher prices and not having to offer much in incentives, because there are not many just sitting on the lot.

It will be interesting to see if this lasts, especially once the supply chain is corrected.

·
Registered
355 Posts
What’s going to be interesting is how this impacts the future. Evidently a number of car companies are doing very well in this climate as they have switched from building predicted cars to mostly focusing on orders. They are selling the cars for higher prices and not having to offer much in incentives, because there are not many just sitting on the lot.

It will be interesting to see if this lasts, especially once the supply chain is corrected.
Correct, there may be less units being moved but the profit margins are as high as ever. There are many areas that I will be curious to see how things are played out. This pandemic has created chaos, but it has also opened the eyes of many. Companies have changed their mindset and I believe, in some instances, it will never be returned to what we had previously known as "normal".

21 - 30 of 30 Posts