Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my order on a 2021 scat pack on 05-07-21. The dealer quoted 90 days for delivery, I found out via dodges live chat that my VIN was generated on 05-08-21, all the parts were gathered and it was sequenced for production on the same day. They said that it should be entering production soon. Does anyone that ordered recently know how long it took to go from VIN-> build-> shipment etc. I’m hoping it’s less than the 90 days obviously but I haven’t heard if they are having major building delays due to the chip shortage or not right now! Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are a couple of similar threads on here. I suggest that you check them out. The best case that i have seen so far is about a 4 week turnaround. I am in week 5 and my car is in the same status as yours. (Ordered 4/10) seems like a crapshoot but there are likely other factors driving who goes first that i don't know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Its a black hole of information. I ordered mine 4/17 and it was in KZ status ready to ship Friday 5/6. I also just got updated today that it will ship out no later than Saturday this week

There have been a few others who received in 4 weeks which is nuts, I may be in that group!

Stay on your dealer and the dodge chat. They seem to be moving quickly lately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a couple of similar threads on here. I suggest that you check them out. The best case that i have seen so far is about a 4 week turnaround. I am in week 5 and my car is in the same status as yours. (Ordered 4/10) seems like a crapshoot but there are likely other factors driving who goes first that i don't know.
Damn dude, that’s wild that after 5 weeks your stick in the same spot. I hope that doesn’t end up happening, it looks like others have progressed since then. Must be an option or upfitter that may be holding yours back? Hopefully everything picks up and no more shut downs or chip shortages!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had amazing luck with mine. I ordered a scat pack on 4/12 and it arrived at the dealer this morning. 30 day turn around. Pretty amazing. I didn’t have any special decals or stripes or anything that would not require extra steps or time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now that I have a VIN, I contacted Dodge chat and got the status of my car. They said that the car was in the scheduling phase. Parts are on order. So excited.

They said that it normally doesn’t take long at this point to go into scheduled phase at which point I should have an estimated date for delivery.

also of interest, they said status codes are being phased out and that all she could give was the text description.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Now that I have a VIN, I contacted Dodge chat and got the status of my car. They said that the car was in the scheduling phase. Parts are on order. So excited.

They said that it normally doesn’t take long at this point to go into scheduled phase at which point I should have an estimated date for delivery.

also of interest, they said status codes are being phased out and that all she could give was the text description.
When you order, what's the process to get the VIN and check build status? Is chat the only way, no web lookup?

·
Registered
935 Posts
When you order, what's the process to get the VIN and check build status? Is chat the only way, no web lookup?
For whatever reason they got rid of the self-service order lookup on their site. The only way to check on your order now is go to Dodge's website and chat with a representative there, or contact your dealer.

When you check online you'll need your VIN# once you get one, and the VON# on the build sheet you get from your dealer. I've got a new Durango SRT in the scheduling phase as well, and this was the process that is needed to see where it was at.

Edit:

Misinterpreted the question, my bad. The VIN number takes a few days to a week or so, and you will get that from your dealer. Once you've gotten that then you can do what I previously said.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Koron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my Frostbite Scatpack on 05/03 and it’s currently in Frame stage. Shouldn’t take too long now to build it, it’s the shipping that takes a lot of time especially depending how far you’re living from Brampton, Ontario. And yeah ofc, if you ordered something that requires upfitter then even more time.

Luckily mine is all factory options.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ordered my Frostbite Scatpack on 05/03 and it’s currently in Frame stage. Shouldn’t take too long now to build it, it’s the shipping that takes a lot of time especially depending how far you’re living from Brampton, Ontario. And yeah ofc, if you ordered something that requires upfitter then even more time.

Luckily mine is all factory options.
It seems like the scatpacks are getting built pretty fast. The hellcats seem to have a larger delay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had some success getting information from my dealer on an estimated ship date and status when I asked for the POC. It stands for Priced Order Confirmation and has a lot of the information that you might want to know as you wait for an order.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered my Indigo SPWB on 4/8. It was supposed to ship 5/4 then got pushed to 5/13. Now, my car is sitting in final inspection and has yet to ship. :cry:

I'm ready for it to get moving as I want to start driving!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ll check the codes and what that step means but hey it moved so that’s at least something. I know you’ve been waiting a lot longer than I have but I’m pulling for you as a fellow Canuck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts