Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some good news today, my car is now estimated delivery the first week in September.......this is one month early!

Order Status: D1
Estimated Ship Date: August 9, 2005

I also got my VIN number as well.

Can anyone give me the link where I can track the car myself online?...I hate to keep bugging my dealer....thanks...

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I dont see on that site where you can check your status?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
once you have a VIN # and are a supporting memebr of that web forum... you go into the sub forum VIN ANSWERS after submitting your VIN number in a certain thread...

roughly every 2 days a thread will be posted showing the change if any to your cars status...

That site is a web forum, just like this one... however it is ran by plant workers... and they get the info while at work, to tell us where our car is at... :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
That site is a web forum, just like this one... however it is ran by plant workers... and they get the info while at work, to tell us where our car is at... :)
Clever little entrepeneurs. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Once it's left the plant can they tell you anything though?

I'm on the phone as I type with DCX and mine is in JS status, "Priority A" - whatever the heck that means, and the guy has me on hold checking into where it is at and what the holdup is. He said he is showing that it has been shipped and that it is 'holding' in a railyard in Windsor, ON ?? WTF?? Awaiting customs??

I'm wondering how long it takes to get from there to South Florida?

Oh, the agony . . .

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
TATTOOMAN said:
Once it's left the plant can they tell you anything though?

I'm on the phone as I type with DCX and mine is in JS status, "Priority A" - whatever the heck that means, and the guy has me on hold checking into where it is at and what the holdup is. He said he is showing that it has been shipped and that it is 'holding' in a railyard in Windsor, ON ?? WTF?? Awaiting customs??

I'm wondering how long it takes to get from there to South Florida?

Oh, the agony . . .

if you are in JS status, and it is in Windsor, and I see you have a Daytona....

the decals and front chin spoiler are not installed at Brampton, but at a facility called "ground Effects" in Windsor... if you have already hit JS status, I would not bother with Brampton's website, as one is hits the train, they cannot track it anymore...

HTH

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm in JS status since last Thursday and I friggin' live 3 hours away from the plant. They told me it got moved to "storage" and the dealership hasn't received any paperwork...so it definitely hasn't shipped. (Daytona, by the way.)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
chewman said:
I'm in JS status since last Thursday and I friggin' live 3 hours away from the plant. They told me it got moved to "storage" and the dealership hasn't received any paperwork...so it definitely hasn't shipped. (Daytona, by the way.)
again with being in JS status... it may be waiting to go to windsor, or sitting in windsor... regular R/Ts go from Brampton onto the train... Daytona's make a trip to Windsor to get the Decal Package applied...

·
Registered
33 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
if you are in JS status, and it is in Windsor, and I see you have a Daytona....

the decals and front chin spoiler are not installed at Brampton, but at a facility called "ground Effects" in Windsor... if you have already hit JS status, I would not bother with Brampton's website, as one is hits the train, they cannot track it anymore...

HTH

The Brampton site may not be able to track a rail car, but some people can. Here is an example of a DR1(Ram 1500) heading for final destination.

Completed Scheduled for Build (D1) 07-04-2005 07:37 AM EDT Warren Truck Assembly, MI
Built - Pending Inspection (I) 07-28-2005 01:49 AM EDT Warren Truck Assembly, MI
At Facility 07-28-2005 02:25 AM EDT Warren Truck Assembly, MI
Plant Release (KZ) 07-28-2005 02:25 AM EDT Warren Truck Assembly, MI
Truck Dispatch 07-28-2005 02:36 AM EDT Warren Truck Assembly, MI
Delivery to a Location 07-28-2005 03:46 AM EDT Melvindale, MI
In Bay At Facility 07-28-2005 06:00 AM EDT Melvindale, MI
Picked Up For Shuttle 07-28-2005 07:01 AM EDT Warren Truck Assembly, MI
Shuttled to Facility 07-28-2005 11:59 AM EDT Melvindale, MI
Current 08-02-2005 10:21 AM CDT On Railcar - Topeka, KS
Future Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 08-06-2005 02:00 PM CDT

·
Registered
245 Posts
Call DCX today...
Status is now D1, with and Estimated ship date of 8-13.

I'm starting to get really excited... I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. :happy:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sound like you & I are in the same time frame, mine is supposed to ship the 15th. I ordered mine on 6/13, but you have always been a few days in front of me the whole time. I wonder why?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
my 2nd order is scheduled to ship 8/16

first order is still in BG

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
guess I should add
order #1 was placed 6/21/05
order #2 was placed 7/1/05

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, this is really wierd, some of you ordered your cars nearly 3 weeks after I did and have an est. ship date at about the same time? I wonder what is going on, I only added s.g.II and elec. conv. gp. there was no hold on either of those options. Oh well, hopefully we all will have them by the end of the month. :clap:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
my 2nd order is scheduled to ship 8/16

first order is still in BG
Daytona R/T,
Did your first order move back from BX to BG? Your sig says #1 is BX 7/14/05. When's the last time you checked status?

Mine (Charger R/T with R&T Perf Group and Protection Group) finally moved from BX to BG last Friday 7/29/05 (ordered 5/16/05). With any luck it should move to D this week when they do September's scheduling.

·
Registered
630 Posts
One other thing to think of as well. "Shipped to storage" may also mean that the car has been finished but is being stored until they have enough other cars heading in the right direction. They don't just put them on a rail and then wait for others. They most likely wait until they can fill a railcar full before loading it. Who know how long that might take.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What determines if the car is manufactured in the US or Canada? Hence the XXXX of 4000 or XXX of 200 plates. Where are they assembled in the US, I know of the Brampton, CA facility, where is the US facility?

Just curious because I was waiting on a Canada assembled Daytona til I got the US one last night in West Palm Beach.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts