Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a dealer in my area that can give me the srt-8 charger for $1000 over MSRP. I had to talk to the actual owner to get him to agrre to the terms. I know that it cannot be ordered now, but he took my deposit and filled out a buyers order. he told me that i cannot get the first ones that come in because he wants to sell them at a higher price. he also told me something about dealer allocation and how many he recieves. The salesman told me that he will try to squeeze me in in the ordering of the cars. now I have a couple of questions?

1) what is the dealer allocation? and how many cars does a dealer get?

2) since I am ordering the srt-8 base with only sunroof option. i believe I have a good chance of getting it sooner than one that is fuilly loaded (due to hold ups like the kicker pacage, protection group etc...) If i get a VON when its ordered and then later a vin number, if the car is one of the first ones to come in can the dealer sell it to someone else or does my buyers order take prefrence?

Also I have an escape clause that if I dont have the car by December I can get my full desposit back.

thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dealer Allocation (i think) deals with how many cars that dealer can order in a month.

The problem as I see it with your situation is that It could takes months (after initial SRT8 production) for your dealer to get one. Then months before they get another allocation for one. Could just be a long process. It seems hard enought to get an R/T order with 12 weeks, much less an SRT8.

I could be wrong, but thats what Im noticing.

edward

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am kind of thankful that I will not be in the market for an SRT-8 until next Fall, which will be a year after the inital production of the vehicle.

Later

·
Registered
33 Posts
ltdodge said:
I finally found a dealer in my area that can give me the srt-8 charger for $1000 over MSRP. I had to talk to the actual owner to get him to agrre to the terms. I know that it cannot be ordered now, but he took my deposit and filled out a buyers order. he told me that i cannot get the first ones that come in because he wants to sell them at a higher price. he also told me something about dealer allocation and how many he recieves. The salesman told me that he will try to squeeze me in in the ordering of the cars. now I have a couple of questions?

1) what is the dealer allocation? and how many cars does a dealer get?

2) since I am ordering the srt-8 base with only sunroof option. i believe I have a good chance of getting it sooner than one that is fuilly loaded (due to hold ups like the kicker pacage, protection group etc...) If i get a VON when its ordered and then later a vin number, if the car is one of the first ones to come in can the dealer sell it to someone else or does my buyers order take prefrence?

Also I have an escape clause that if I dont have the car by December I can get my full desposit back.

thanks for your help. :)

1) Allocation is based on unit sales.
This is the first year of the Charger, so all the units dealers receive this year for inventory are pre-spec vehicles. No control over equipment and color. They will open for ordering when allocations for dealers are close to being filled. Demand for the SRT-8 is there but not as high as SXT and R/T. They take priority.

2)When you order, not a pre=spec: If you have a VON and then a VIN is assigned , IT IS YOUR CAR.
They cannot sell the vehicle to someone else. I am not sure of this legaly, but it would not be good business practice, and he certianly would not earn your business or referrals.

What the dealer is worried about is, the demand, and if he can get a premium on it, he will take it. He has his pre-specs already spoken for I am sure.

Some dealers are at $10,000 over sticker!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Charger Fan said:
What the dealer is worried about is, the demand, and if he can get a premium on it, he will take it. He has his pre-specs already spoken for I am sure.

Some dealers are at $10,000 over sticker!!!
You are not the first person I have heard this from.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Kicker package is launching with the first SRT-8s there is no hold up.......there were 34 pre production cars built with Kicker from what I am told

·
Registered
91 Posts
Allocation opens up on September 6th. There may be some pre specs, but most dealers will only get a car if they are allocated one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Your ID says South Florida, have you tried Spitzer Dodge in Homestead ?
I almost bought my R/T there for $1000.00 under list till I bought on Ebay for 6000.00 off(973 Miles new), not sure about Daytona/SRT-8's, but a call couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spitzer is not an srt dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts