Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well we knew it was coming, and it is now happening. We recently received a letter from the licensing company that handles Chrysler/Mopar trademarks. We have been told that we are not allowed to advertise our graphics with any Trademark Infringing logos incorporated in them. This includes, Charger, Hemi, SRT-8, R/T, Mopar, Super Bee and others.

We will be still taking customer requests for "CUSTOM" text and logos, we will just not be able to advertise any trademarked property. We may or may not be able to continue to offer the same decals we have been offering in the past, so if there is something you have been contemplating buying, you might want to order before the website is changed.

If there is something you do not see, please email, PM or make a note in the comment section of Paypal.
We are working to come up with some exciting new designs that comply with this request from Chrysler and do not incorporate any of their Logos.

The thing that is the most upsetting about this is the fact that even though we cannot use these without being licensed, Chrysler is NOT currently issueing and licenses for any of the current production vehicle logos or names.

Thanks,
Ridergraphix.com

·
Registered
608 Posts
How long before you guys change up? And will you still offer the same service and just not be able to show us what they look like or you can No longer make the logos?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We will start phasing the new designs in sometime next week. We are not supposed to be "Advertising" any trademarked property. This will affect some of our designs, and some it will not.

If there is something you want, I would order it just in case it is one we need to change.

·
Registered
608 Posts
OK thanks for the info .

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
:fuming: :fuming: :angry: :angry: I hate this. they stumped on Reflective Concepts last month. Now you guys. I hate this. Your decals are great and some new Charger people at work joined the site just to get your graphics. We looked just today at some you have. I will let them know to order ASAP. Take care and see what we can do to help.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing that is the most upsetting about this is the fact that even though we cannot use these without being licensed, Chrysler is NOT currently issueing and licenses for any of the current production vehicle logos or names.

Thanks,
Ridergraphix.com

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ok thats it. I'm not buying another Chrysler unless the new leadership learns something about cars or they are sold to a company that actually likes cars.

edit to add:

Do you have an email, phone, address from where your correspondence came from. I REALLY want to tell them how stupid this is, and how they are going to ruin a portion of their company. I know they are all about profits and the bottom line. I understand that we aren't in that market and aren't really considered. We are a portion though, and a portion that helps their image. They need to know they are losing customers and need to look at the consequences.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thats it. I'm not buying another Chrysler unless the new leadership learns something about cars or they are sold to a company that actually likes cars.

edit to add:

Do you have an email, phone, address from where your correspondence came from. I REALLY want to tell them how stupid this is, and how they are going to ruin a portion of their company. I know they are all about profits and the bottom line. I understand that we aren't in that market and aren't really considered. We are a portion though, and a portion that helps their image. They need to know they are losing customers and need to look at the consequences.

They are an outside company hired by Chrysler to do licensing, but they will not add any new ones for this purpose.

[email protected]
Trademarketing Resources, Inc.
7111 Dixie Highway, No. 292
Clarkston, MI 48346
PH: 248-922-9678
FAX: 248-922-4580

You could send them an email and ask them to forward your frustrations to Chrysler I suppose. Just please do not get nasty to these people, they are only doing what they are paid to do and are not the decision makers.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
They are an outside company hired by Chrysler to do licensing, but they will not add any new ones for this purpose.

[email protected]
Trademarketing Resources, Inc.
7111 Dixie Highway, No. 292
Clarkston, MI 48346
PH: 248-922-9678
FAX: 248-922-4580

You could send them an email and ask them to forward your frustrations to Chrysler I suppose. Just please do not get nasty to these people, they are only doing what they are paid to do and are not the decision makers.
Thanks. I in no way plan to get nasty with anyone. I simply want to inform them of the impact of their decisions on the community and ultimately their bottom line.

·
Registered
359 Posts
c'mon really. what did you expect if you were using licsenced trademarks.

you can put any words/letters you want on a t-shirt. but if you put a NIKE logo on it and try to make a business out of selling it, wouldn't you expect to be sued?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
c'mon really. what did you expect if you were using licsenced trademarks.

you can put any words/letters you want on a t-shirt. but if you put a NIKE logo on it and try to make a business out of selling it, wouldn't you expect to be sued?
NIKE licenses the trademark. Cry-me-a-river-sler does not. There is clearly a demand. If Chrysler made these products, I could understand.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
The last thing a car company wants is free advertising! Imagine putting a MOPAR or Dodge sign on your MOPAR! This is especially true since they offer so many different sticker packages of their own. Oh wait a second, no they don't.

Are they crazy, or just stupid? I wonder who's in charge of their marketing at the moment... people paying a company so they can advertise our products... horrible idea... :smoke:

·
Registered
608 Posts
The last thing a car company wants is free advertising! Imagine putting a MOPAR or Dodge sign on your MOPAR! This is especially true since they offer so many different sticker packages of their own. Oh wait a second, no they don't.

Are they crazy, or just stupid? I wonder who's in charge of their marketing at the moment... people paying a company so they can advertise our products... horrible idea... :smoke:

thats what Im saying I could see if they had some type of customization but they are shooting thereselves in the foot The analogy for the T-shirt was all wrong as ther not selling Custom parts or cars with the Chrysler owned badges, a truer analogy would be getting a Dodge Tattoo and then Dodge threatening the Tattoo artist which makes as much sense.

·
Registered
376 Posts
NIKE licenses the trademark. Cry-me-a-river-sler does not. There is clearly a demand. If Chrysler made these products, I could understand.
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
[email protected] Now I wonder if I need a spare set on hand, just in case.

Makes me want a decal that says, "I can't put the real name of this car here because the corp butts won't let me." You get the point anyway.

I can see it now - No decals or emblems on the Charger. Some guy walks up complimenting me on a really nice car and wants to know what it is. "Well, I'll tell you, but I have to kill you." Or how about, "I'm not sure. I used to know but the doggone company wouldn't let me put any decals on it and I've kind of forgetten."

Frankly, I've loved MOPARS for over 32 years but if this doesn't get fixed in some way, I won't buy another. It's not that I care so much about decals, but the principal that these knot heads have taken with this and the aftermarket performance parts.

I was proud of my decision to buy this Charger and two others before it. I wanted the world to know what this car is and maybe help sell a few more but screw 'em. I can spend my $$$ with Ford or GM.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
This is getting F*ckin redicilous.......if I knew these people at chrysler/dodge were such cry baby sour pusses, I would have never bought a charger.....Im calling and complaining atleast 10x tomorrow, I know its not going to matter, but im sick of this!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
they have to protect their name. I could crap in a box and put the mopar name on it and sell it as a CAI and people would blame it on chrysler. Same with stickers. Putting their logos on it makes people assume it is chryslers product.

·
Registered
359 Posts
they have to protect their name. I could crap in a box and put the mopar name on it and sell it as a CAI and people would blame it on chrysler. Same with stickers. Putting their logos on it makes people assume it is chryslers product.
EXACTLY!!

HEMI is a trademark, MOPAR is a trademark and Chrysler wants quality control over them. They dont want their cars driving around with low quality Hemi stickers faded and peeling off. the common consumer will think it is OEM chrysler and it will look like Chrysler is puttin out S%#t.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts