Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten the Oracle DRL installed in their 15+ charger? I asked a custom shop for a quote to install and they quoted me $800 with 8 hours of labor alone. I haven’t done it before but from instructions and videos it does not look anywhere near 8 hours of labor to do even for a DIYer. Anyone else get quotes or done it them selves? Is it as easy as it looks and just requires patients and being really careful? Thanks for the future info!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't have RGB DRLs, but I know for a fact it does not take that long. Maybe an hour MAX. I would find a different shop or take the risk of doing it yourself.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't have RGB DRLs, but I know for a fact it does not take that long. Maybe an hour MAX. I would find a different shop or take the risk of doing it yourself.
It takes WAY more than an hour. Not only do you have to remove the entire front bumper cover, you have to separate bith headlight backs from the lenses in order to install the kit. Then the wiring, controller, etc. That isn't going to get done in an hour.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone gotten the Oracle DRL installed in their 15+ charger? I asked a custom shop for a quote to install and they quoted me $800 with 8 hours of labor alone. I haven’t done it before but from instructions and videos it does not look anywhere near 8 hours of labor to do even for a DIYer. Anyone else get quotes or done it them selves? Is it as easy as it looks and just requires patients and being really careful? Thanks for the future info!
You're probably right because I never did this before, but it's should not even take 8 hours nor worth 800 dollars to install.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It takes WAY more than an hour. Not only do you have to remove the entire front bumper cover, you have to separate bith headlight backs from the lenses in order to install the kit. Then the wiring, controller, etc. That isn't going to get done in an hour.

But is it 8 hours worth from a professional custom shop where this job is probably routine?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'd wager it's very close if they're doing it correctly. Separating the headlights is not the easiest thing to do, even when you're used to doing it.

I've seen quotes ranging from $400-$800 for that job. That's why a great deal of folks do it themselves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts