Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the led interior kit today(1 chip/red). When instaling the front map lights, it looked like a heat shield or reflector was used for the stock lights. When the new lights were put in, I tried it with the reflector piece, but it blocked most of the light. I just removed it so the lights are much brighter. My question is that by removing these pieces, will the lights overheat the plastic, or were the pieces actually reflectors?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
No they won't overheat the plastic. I have 3chip LEDs and I took the reflector out too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks. DO you have any pics? I though mine was really bright, I want to see how insanely bright yours is.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I actually don't have any pics but they are REALLY bright. They gave me a really bad headache at first.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:rofl: I can't even imagine that

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I went through three different types of LED's, thought they were useless, until someone said you must remove the heat shield. Wow what a difference, super bright. I felt quite silly. It is not required with LEDs

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Here are a few picks I just took.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks. WOW! Those are bright. I am fine with having the one chip map lights, but I wouldn't mind having the 3 chip rear lights. The 1 chip rear really aren't that bright. They are actually more dull than the stock lights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Yea it took me about a month before I could leave them on for more than a few min's without hurting me head/eyes.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
AdvanceAutomotiveConcepts or AAC for short. Tgey are a supporting vendor for the site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts