Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals.

Been looking for the black pocket super bee/challenger 392 wheels for the last couple of months and not having much luck. I do have a person on challengertalk right now that is offering them to me come April, but I just have a feeling that he is going to be asking a lot for them...

Being that they are hard to come by, I wanted to see what others opinions are on the replica versions of these and replica wheels in general. Is this a good route to go if I cannot find the real deal at an affordable price?

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hey guys and gals.

Been looking for the black pocket super bee/challenger 392 wheels for the last couple of months and not having much luck. I do have a person on challengertalk right now that is offering them to me come April, but I just have a feeling that he is going to be asking a lot for them...

Being that they are hard to come by, I wanted to see what others opinions are on the replica versions of these and replica wheels in general. Is this a good route to go if I cannot find the real deal at an affordable price?

Thanks all.
The replicas are fine, but they aren't forged like the OEM ones are.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The replicas are fine, but they aren't forged like the OEM ones are.
That's true... I can always just hold out until I find the right deal. I would absolutely rather have the OEM wheels, but they're just so hard to come by.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought thd wheels on Super Bee are cast!!
The ones on the 2012 and up super bee are cast, the ones on the 06 and up super bee are forged alcoas. These are the five spoke black pocket wheels I'm looking for, they are also on the 2012 to 2014 challenger 392 but are forged aluminum.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I've read across forums - they seem to be heavy ...30-35lbs+ / wheel at the very least
Yeah that's definitely an issue as well. That's probably why I won't go with them. It's just frustrating that when I want them I can't find them.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Yeah that's definitely an issue as well. That's probably why I won't go with them. It's just frustrating that when I want them I can't find them.
Look into Aftermarket Rotary forged/Flow formed wheels (TSW, Vossen VFS series, Forgestar etc)..
They hover around the 24/25 lbs range for 20x8.5/9.5 wheels and are relatively affordable.

Only problem is they take away from the OEM look you want to sitck to.. :(

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look into Aftermarket Rotary forged/Flow formed wheels (TSW, Vossen VFS series, Forgestar etc)..
They hover around the 24/25 lbs range for 20x8.5/9.5 wheels and are relatively affordable.

Only problem is they take away from the OEM look you want to sitck to.. :(
Yeah that light weight is nice, but that look is just so killer. I really like those black pocket wheels, but I'll look into your recommendation man thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I love my Viper replicas...but I'm all about aesthetics...I don't much care about weight or any of that...LOL...and she does look way sexier than before! >:)

I'm sorry I keep posting pics of them, I just love them...my husband even found me sitting out in the garage on the floor just staring at them. LOL

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'd just be patient and wait for the OEM ones to come up for sale. The replicas are stupid heavy for a 20" wheels. Typically 35-40lbs a piece.

POWERMAN had a good suggestion with the TSW's but unfortunately those are only drilled with a 114.3 bolt pattern. There's a bunch of people that will say that's ok but not something is want to risk personally.

I just got lucky and found a take off set of Scat Pack forged appearance wheels and landed a sweet deal on EBay for them. Should weigh in around 25lbs a piece, have the correct bolt pattern and come with new tires.

·
Registered
859 Posts
POWERMAN had a good suggestion with the TSW's but unfortunately those are only drilled with a 114.3 bolt pattern. There's a bunch of people that will say that's ok but not something is want to risk personally.
There are vendors that will machine TSW wheels to 5x115 (for extra $$ of course)

·
Registered
3,904 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yep I saw that listing and even PM'd him about the Nurburings and he never responded. They're most likely 114.3 because I noticed on sites selling them they'll list them as fitting Chargers but the pattern is 114.3. Again that whole fitment issue has been debated but I wouldn't personally risk it.

As far as the blanks being drilled, yes that's an option, but they're typically priced much higher. Plus I though I read only a handful of TSW wheels can be ordered as blanks.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
The OEM forged wheels are 33.6 lbs each. I weighed mine when I had them refinished.

Reactions: baller1015

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love my Viper replicas...but I'm all about aesthetics...I don't much care about weight or any of that...LOL...and she does look way sexier than before! >:)

I'm sorry I keep posting pics of them, I just love them...my husband even found me sitting out in the garage on the floor just staring at them. LOL

Those do look great, don't worry about posting pics haha I think we all love seeing pics of each others cars :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd just be patient and wait for the OEM ones to come up for sale. The replicas are stupid heavy for a 20" wheels. Typically 35-40lbs a piece.

I just got lucky and found a take off set of Scat Pack forged appearance wheels and landed a sweet deal on EBay for them. Should weigh in around 25lbs a piece, have the correct bolt pattern and come with new tires.
Thanks and nice pick up on the scat pack wheels! Pics?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The OEM forged wheels are 33.6 lbs each. I weighed mine when I had them refinished.
Good dependable info, anyone know if the 392 wheels are the same?

·
Registered
924 Posts
The 2015 WRT Forged Lightweight black optional wheels? There's no way they weigh that much. That's as much as the chrome clads.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Thanks and nice pick up on the scat pack wheels! Pics?
I just bought them so I haven't gotten them yet but this is what they look like.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts