Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to look into tuning but there isnt many videos that show off many different tuners for my year charger (2009 Charger R/T). So, what are your experiences with some tuners?

Ive looked into diablo and all the kind of main ones but want to know, was it worth it? Did it make your car faster or louder? Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Starting to look into tuning but there isnt many videos that show off many different tuners for my year charger (2009 Charger R/T). So, what are your experiences with some tuners?

Ive looked into diablo and all the kind of main ones but want to know, was it worth it? Did it make your car faster or louder? Thanks in advance everyone!
I used a Diablo on my 2013 (and now on our 2013 Chrysler 200 V6)..the "canned" tunes that come with the tuner don't do a whole lot by themselves, you have to log your engines data and then have a custom tune done for your specific engine to see gains. I did like the ability to adjust the temps that the fans come on at so that the car ran 200F and not 225F. I also liked the ability to reset the NAG1 transmission adaptive logic that was always trying to turn it into an econobox.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
you have to log your engines data and then have a custom tune done for your specific engine to see gains.
My experience was the same as krautmaster's. The canned tunes in the Diablo give the car a mild performance boost but the real performance gains come with a custom tune. There's also some additional parameters you can change with the Diablo that are nice (e.g. fan settings to go along with a colder thermostat, disabling MDS, firmer shift, etc...)
When you purchase a email custom tune ... you collect logs using the Diablo (open-loop & closed-loop logs), email these files to the tuner, the tuner analyzes the logs and emails you a custom tune; that you download to the Diablo. You install the tune to the car and collect more logs. This iterative process continues until the tuner gets the tune dialed-in for your car. Depending on the modifications you have made to the car, it may take a couple of revisions to get to the final tune (it's all included in the initial purchase price). I used HemiFever Tuning.

https://www.hemifevertuning.com/Default.asp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts