Charger Forums banner

Opinions on color

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  ChargerChick 
#1 ·
I want to paint the calipers but this is the only purple I can find. Should I go with it? :)

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
It's exactly the same stuff. Looks like G2 is the only company that makes a purple caliper paint. I take it that you aren't happy with the color, Amanda? :(

I wonder if I can take red and blue and mix them together. :)

#6 ·
I would try that! See if it works & let me know!

#5 ·
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Spoke

The color is ok.. It is going to be changes to black one day...

#8 ·
Looks good to me. Dodge parts dept. will also order a half pint for you for a perfect match, unless you want to consult a custom painter, or even an auto paint shop.

#9 ·
im no paint epert but what if you mixed in a little black, would that darken it up color base wise without taking away from the purplish hue?

Tom

#11 ·
It might have but I didnt have any heat resistant black paint laying around! And you also have X amount of time to put the paint on before it hardens,

#12 ·
Go with the black, and while you're at it, paint the rotor hubs. I'm trying to find my pics for you to look at.

#13 ·
Finally found it

#17 ·
CC, you can get touch up paint cheaper from your dealer! Still wouldn't use it tho. you could see if they make a white caliper paint and have your friendly neighborhood hardware store attempt to color it for you. Color may or may not be able to be matched, and I have no idea what impact household paint pigments will do to the paint and it's longevity. I didn't go with Black because it was easy, I went with it because i thought it would look best. Another thought, If they have a red and blue kit, try mixing the two colors together to get purple. Not sure what the R/B mix would be to best match, but you could always start at 50/50 and adjust from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.