Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, new to this, i am babysitting a super bee & took it to dealership for scheduled maintenance....when done, the service guy backs the bee up into another car...**X%*X%...now there are 2 "creases" "crunches" in the back bumper. any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix or handle this???? I am not knowledgeable on the value of the bee, the collector aspect, if I should get bumper re-painted, totally replaced....oh what to do!!!???? I need to have my ducks in a row beefore contacting #1 son and telling him the news (i am the mom of the bee owner, he gonna bee upset). I would like to know if this is a big deal or not. Please please help!

·
Registered
9,032 Posts
Seems to me that if the dealer's service guy damaged the car, then THEY are responsible for the repairs. They should replace the bumper and any damaged parts underneath with NEW parts and all paint. I would be raisin' all kinds of h311 if they damaged my car! And they better not be doing any hemming or hawing about if's, and's or but's!! I would also not want to hear the word "deductable" come out of their mouth, either!!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
serious.
if u were at the dealership and saw him do it, or he admitted to it.
ida been in the managers office raising all hell before you could shake a stick.

dont ask.
tell them that they are gonna put a brand new bumper on. color matched to perfection, and if it dont look right, t heyre gonna do it again.
and if its not done in 48 hrs then your gonna hang em by their toe nails.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
serious.
if u were at the dealership and saw him do it, or he admitted to it.
ida been in the managers office raising all hell before you could shake a stick.

dont ask.
tell them that they are gonna put a brand new bumper on. color matched to perfection, and if it dont look right, t heyre gonna do it again.
and if its not done in 48 hrs then your gonna hang em by their toe nails.
I fully agree with both those posts. Personally I would be handling it while wearing my not concealed weapon as well.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
hello all, new to this, i am babysitting a super bee & took it to dealership for scheduled maintenance....when done, the service guy backs the bee up into another car...**X%*X%...now there are 2 "creases" "crunches" in the back bumper. any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix or handle this???? I am not knowledgeable on the value of the bee, the collector aspect, if I should get bumper re-painted, totally replaced....oh what to do!!!???? I need to have my ducks in a row beefore contacting #1 son and telling him the news (i am the mom of the bee owner, he gonna bee upset). I would like to know if this is a big deal or not. Please please help!
The dealer should fix this and do it on their dime with a smile on their face in the hopes that you someday trust them enough to bring your car back. In short, replace the bumper cover and have it repainted. The car isn't very collectible and it isn't that big a deal, but please make sure the clowns that broke it pay for the repair.

Best,

·
Registered
368 Posts
My wife had her rear bumper cover replaced a while back. $880.00 for a new cover, painted and installed. Took 2 weeks to get the cover though. Shouldn't cost you a dime! Demand that the dealer fix the damage.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I will quote Maximus from Gladitor:

"At my signal, unleash hell"

GOOOO!!!!

I'm amazed it wasn't done on the spot. It would not have been a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
i actually just got a call from my mother today, who is babysitting the bee while im away about an incident that happened with MY BEE yesterday where a service guy backed it into a fence and left a large dent in my rear bumper

well we gave the dealer some hell and the results are good! free entire rear bumper perfect color matched to factory finishes for free..no labor or anything

but then again ive got a pretty good dealer :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
No questions asked whatsoever....Just say fix NOW or there are problems...walk into the lounge and sit down. I guarantee a manager will come in and speak with you :D As he speaks, interrupt him and say I want my car this same time tomorrow!!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Makes sense now...

MOB = Mother of Blairian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts