Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have test driven the charger and have ordered one. I have only one complaint and its the parking brake. Its flimsy and cheap looking. If it has to be a step brake, at least it should release by stepping too, instead of having to reach for that lever.
I found that if parked on a slope, the car tends to move backwards a little. Now with such a long car, chances of a car parking right up close to the rear is quite high. So a handbrake would actually be better.
Who knows, maybe they'll change it for the 07 model.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I agree! I have a R/T Hemi Charger and its a BAD spot for it. I bump mine and don't even know it. Then I get back in and go to back out and its "DINGING" at me that my break is on. Its happed like 5 times now! :mad:

But then I mash my pedal to floor and I forget all about that minor thing! :happy: This is a AWESOME car!!!! I love it!

Jason

·
Registered
127 Posts
same here

ive accidentally applied my parking brake more than a few times

its in a bad spot

at least for fat asses like me who cant get in and out so gracefully :lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Parking break.. how bout the hood prop. I know its been talked about before. I'm used to the general location of the parking break cause thats where GM puts it.

And yes you can buy the and install the Magnums hood props on the Charger.

edward

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
This is GOOD NEWS! They may not have given us a 2-door but at least this car has a real parking brake!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hood prop would be cool. But compared to how often you use the parking brake, its no contest. BTW Does the magnum props just bolt on existing holes in the charger or is welding required?

·
Registered
231 Posts
It looks bolt on. I looked at two side by side. You can see the attachment points on the hood (ball thing) and the open area on the car itself. Should be an easy fix.

edward

1 - 7 of 7 Posts