Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too have been thinking that this november I will buy a RT. The Modification budget is going to be hard to get approved. I have found that most of the rims that i am looking at are 3500 for 4 with rubber! I could get a SRT8 for not much more!

I have found what I think is a good wheel for the money. I am not much of a fan of the $125 wheels but I see some very nice ones for 200. price goes up a bit for a 8.5" width. What do you think about 8 or 8.5" width?

So has anyone heard anything good or bad about this brand. I think this company has been around for a while.

see url:
http://centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals.php

Jeff

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
badger said:
I too have been thinking that this november I will buy a RT. The Modification budget is going to be hard to get approved. I have found that most of the rims that i am looking at are 3500 for 4 with rubber! I could get a SRT8 for not much more!

I have found what I think is a good wheel for the money. I am not much of a fan of the $125 wheels but I see some very nice ones for 200. price goes up a bit for a 8.5" width. What do you think about 8 or 8.5" width?

So has anyone heard anything good or bad about this brand. I think this company has been around for a while.

see url:
http://centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals.php

Jeff
Jeff, I've used Centerline twice in the past. Very good product. :happy:

·
Registered
96 Posts
In my search for lightweight summer wheels and tires for the car, I looked at Centerline as well. All of the wheels that they list for our application are load rated for 2200lbs. Our cars need at least 1500lbs/wheel, but 2200lbs makes them heavier than necessary. I'm working with a tech there to find something else that will fit and is within the limits of what I am looking for weight wise (under 20lbs). FWIW, the Centerline Edge for our car weighed in at 22lbs/wheel in 18". 5lbs is good savings, but I want more to get this pig moving.
I've been puzzled that these "performance sedans" have nothing good as far as options for lightweight aftermarket wheels. I don't even want larger wheels, just lighter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
elcapitan87 said:
In my search for lightweight summer wheels and tires for the car, I looked at Centerline as well. All of the wheels that they list for our application are load rated for 2200lbs. Our cars need at least 1500lbs/wheel, but 2200lbs makes them heavier than necessary. I'm working with a tech there to find something else that will fit and is within the limits of what I am looking for weight wise (under 20lbs). FWIW, the Centerline Edge for our car weighed in at 22lbs/wheel in 18". 5lbs is good savings, but I want more to get this pig moving.
I've been puzzled that these "performance sedans" have nothing good as far as options for lightweight aftermarket wheels. I don't even want larger wheels, just lighter.
Having been down the "my rims are developing stress cracks" road. My advice would be stick with the heavier wheels.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had friends play that game with the Taurus SHO as well, thinking a 1200lb wheel would be fine when the car should have had just over. According to the sticker, our cars have a GVWR 28xx both front and rear. Theoretically 1500lb would be fine, but I'm looking at 1800lb rated wheels to allow for some margin for the stray pothole (these would be my summer wheels, so that shouldn't be as much of an issue). The 2200lb wheels that they offer are still too heavy for my taste in trying to shave unsprung weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts