Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend gave me one Flowmaster super 10! He told me all you need is one! He put one in the middle and deleted his rear resonators He has a V6 SXT all the videos I see on YouTube they put two Flowmaster super tens in the middle do I only need one or two I attached a photo of the one I have. I have a 2019 charger GT also a V6! Please let me know. Or should I just do a mid muffler completely ..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Sell it to someone else and save everyones ears ! The Pentastar V6 sounds like ass with almost all aftermarket systems, especially one you cobble together using DroneMaster parts. Only the Solo/ Borla /Corsa sound decent, the rest suck: I had 7 different cobbled together systems on my 2013 SE trying in vain to make it livable and couldn't. On my 2016 I went with the Solo system right away and have been very happy with it for three years).

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you want to have an embarassing sounding car go ahead and put this on.

People will only be making fun of you making all that noise but lacking the ability to move.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to have an embarassing sounding car go ahead and put this on.

People will only be making fun of you making all that noise but lacking the ability to move.
Question was if I need one or two my car moves

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want sound, dont use it, straight pipes or put on a cherry bomb.
To answer you’re question, you only need one. Y pipe into and out of it.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I like Flowmasters, but a Super 10 on a Pentastar will sound absolutely awful. I wouldn't recommend any Flowmaster on a V6, but if you must I'd stay with something a little more tame like a 50 series.

I know that didn't answer your question, but just trying to steer you clear. You'll sound worse than a Subraru with a fart can with a Super 10 on that 3.6.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Very few modified exhaust sound good on a V6. In fact not many people feel comfortable posting sound clips, or know how to record a decent sound clip.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I called to get a quote for that and they said they recommend replacing the two rear mufflers with straight pipe
Those 2 rear "mufflers" are tuned resonators. If you take them out, you are going to have drone....and I'm about certain you don't want that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those 2 rear "mufflers" are tuned resonators. If you take them out, you are going to have drone....and I'm about certain you don't want that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Are you thinking about the SXT ? For the GT the two resonators are in the middle And in the rear are mufflers

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I called to get a quote for that and they said they recommend replacing the two rear mufflers with straight pipe
Most shops confuse Mopars with Chevies... on Mopars the Resonators are at the rear, mufflers in the center. If you remove the rear resonators the exhaust will sound like shit...you will then have to pony up big $$ for a Solo, Corsa, or Borla cat back system to make driving it livable

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Are you thinking about the SXT ? For the GT the two resonators are in the middle And in the rear are mufflers
Bass akwards... RESONATORS are at the REAR. The "Helmholtz Resonators" are a big tin can with a "J" pipe inside that is tuned (cut to a certain length) to counteract resonant frequencies in the 100 mhz range that cause the drone. The Solo Performance "J" pipe system uses this idea to kill the drone without the big can around the J pipe to keep it loud.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts