Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Since I have changed my plans, I stopped in to let my guy at the dealership know I was not buying til the 07s arrived. He was cool. I asked if he would be willing to give that same deal (MSRP on ordered cars) to someone else.

He said he could, so I'm tossing it out there. Area is Southern Maryland, zip code 20653. Dealership is Park Dodge, 301-737-0088, guys name is Lou. I'm pretty confident in them having at least one good allocation, any others, I can't say.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, a 2006. There are no 2005 Chargers. This car would have been the one I was going to buy. They have agreed that they will honor the MSRP offer for anyone I send to them.
They offered me $50 for each, but I told them I dont care about that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I meant the purchase of a 2006 SRT8 in late 2005, if they are to show up that early... You know..... OK Sounds good. If my local dealer feels like trying to put the screws to me with crazy markup we may have to find out just how serious this guy is about his offer. I'm in northern VA so it won't be very far of a drive for me.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I"m not sure how far past one I would trust their allocation. I'm pretty confident of that one, since he does put some Chargers on the road, and he's rolled both a 300C and SRT-8 Mag through already.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was shocked to hear the dealership near me is going to take $1500 off MSRP on the R/T with AWT Package that I sat in last week so I am kinda curious what it would be for an SRT-8........if they go that much off I would be in heven since I intend on putting down approximately $10,000 and an SRT-8 might then be with-in my reach.

Later

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now keep in mind, this same dealer plans on at least a 5K markup for any non-ordered cars, like he has on the Daytona he has.

These cars will have a much more limited production than the R/Ts.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well, this car was sitting on his lot also and was taking $1500 off even thought the AWT package is pretty new. He could easily ask more then MSRP.

Later

·
Registered
349 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Hi All,

Since I have changed my plans, I stopped in to let my guy at the dealership know I was not buying til the 07s arrived. He was cool. I asked if he would be willing to give that same deal (MSRP on ordered cars) to someone else.

He said he could, so I'm tossing it out there. Area is Southern Maryland, zip code 20653. Dealership is Park Dodge, 301-737-0088, guys name is Lou. I'm pretty confident in them having at least one good allocation, any others, I can't say.
Brother what happened?!! A change of plans?!! I thought for sure you were getting the srt-8 this year! :sad: I know your probably disappointed! Hang in there,and good luck. :happy:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah, I'm fine. No major deal. If I wait til next summer, I can swing keeping the SRT-4 also. And it lets me do some stuff to the house. Sucks to be responsible sometimes:)

Wife left the choice up to me, I made the call. Got the full preapproved loan right here, gotta call and cancel it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Nah, I'm fine. No major deal. If I wait til next summer, I can swing keeping the SRT-4 also. And it lets me do some stuff to the house. Sucks to be responsible sometimes:)

Wife left the choice up to me, I made the call. Got the full preapproved loan right here, gotta call and cancel it.
Hey,you know what,it might be the smartest move and maybe prices will have come down by then.Its always difficult to make the tough choices,but I commend you for having the courage to follow through,it'll pay off for you in the long run.Hang in there. :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
New poster here; is there ANY chance that dealers on this site or "friendly" dealers will offer an SRT8 at dealer cost +5%? That's less than invoice.

Do I need to be slapped into reality??

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah. I'm pretty sure the dealer you ask will handle that:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
SRT8Texas said:
New poster here; is there ANY chance that dealers on this site or "friendly" dealers will offer an SRT8 at dealer cost +5%? That's less than invoice.

Do I need to be slapped into reality??
probably next year they might.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ok, that's good to hear. I wasn't planning on purchasing until Spring (Mar-May) of '06. I know they won't give dealer cost +5% right off the bat on a limited model, unless you knew the dealer personally, etc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh geez, ok. I'm a patient man, which seems to be rare here, lol. It just gives me more time to save up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, I'm a dealer in Mt. Vernon IN. Obviously I don't have an SRT-8 yet, but I have a Daytona (#92 of 4,000) sitting in my showroom that I will let go for under MSRP. I also have another Daytona arriving any day now.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
"dealer plans on at least a 5K markup"

Not sure what anyone else has heard, but the General Managers at ALL 5-star SRT dealerships in the Tampa area have personally assured me that there will be absolutely NO markup over MSRP for the Charger SRT8. Maybe this is different in other market areas...?

Also, I have been advised by Dodge that I should put a deposit down at a dealership due to a very limited production and allocation. My question is this... what if I put a deposit down at one of the 4 dealerships in my area and they don't get one of the first shipments of the SRT8? Then I'm sitting and waiting for my car to finally arrive. Do I have to put down a deposit at ALL dealerships to ensure I'll get one of the first cars delivered to my area? Why can't I put down a deposit with "Dodge" and get one of the first deliveries at ANY dealership in my area??

·
Registered
342 Posts
The deposit is dealer specific, you can't go directly to Dodge with it. Your best bet is to do your research....talk to each dealer (manager) and try to determine which dealer has the best chance of getting an early (or any) allotment. Then put your money there. If they can't get you the car you can always cancel, pull your money and go elsewhere.

Here on Long Island I reduced the field to 4 dealers that I thought had the best shot. No one would commit to a price before it showed up in the system (not sure what that strategy was since the numbers had been out for weeks). When the time came, dealer #1 told me the car would sell for 50 grand. I queued the laugh track and hung up. Dealer #2 gave me 4000 over MSRP. Dealer #3 assured me that his deal of 2500 over was going to be the best. I settled with dealer #4 who would go no lower than 1500 over.

I'm sure other markets will vary, I'd be curious to hear what dealers in other markets are willing to do this early on.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts