Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flat tire and it wasn't repairable. Discount Tire didn't have a replacement on hand and I didn't want to drive around on the donut so I put my old wheels on. What do you think? Keep 'em on? :)

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I would keep the daytona rims on, and sell those for something a little less "busy"

I personally think the srt8 wheel look the best but that is just me

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I would keep the daytona rims on, and sell those for something a little less "busy"

I personally think the srt8 wheel look the best but that is just me
no its not just you...i also believe that the srt8 rims would look great!!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I like the SRT look better too, but I can't get over the fact that they are plastic. :(
you could sell the old rims, buy srt replicas and then sell the daytona ones too :) maybe make some money on it ;)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I agree with them, sell those rims.

As far as getting SRT rims, you already have stockers that look like SRT rims so... Get something else that you like and keep those for the winter. :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, those Phoenix winters can be brutal...
<snicker> :lol:

It was suggested to me that I might want to take better pics. These wheels were on my old SilverSteel and everyone liked 'em. Or so they said. :)

And I'm pretty much stuck with them for now. When I went to Discount they didn't have a replacement tire for me and I didn't want to ride on the donut. I figured why not put the old wheels on until they get one. But they would not put these on without the pressure sensors so I had to have them switched over. (man was I frustrated with them that day!!!) The cost to replace the tire was $250 and to switch the tires was $140. Seeing as I had to have my car, I decided to go with switching them. So I'm gonna drive the tread off these....for now. :)

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Those are nice wheels, but they don't work, IMHO, on the Plum... I like the look of my Banana stockers and I wish that they came wider than a 7.5 inch. I want to modify the shiite out of it but keep it looking stock.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Holy carp, that charged you $140 to take the wheels off and put those on? I would have charged you a few beers and maybe a bottle of water.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I think they look fine! Not the best match for the plum but looks good!!

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CC, isn't the stock tire that you lost under warrarty?

D a n a
It wasn't a defect. I got something that looks like a shark's tooth through the tire. It was huge and not repairable. I took the tire to 2 different dealerships and they said tires were not under warranty. :(

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holy carp, that charged you $140 to take the wheels off and put those on? I would have charged you a few beers and maybe a bottle of water.
That was also to remove the sensors from the stocks and put them on these. They refused to put wheels on without the sensors. So I was pretty much stuck. :(

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Do you know that 402 has a credit card thing you can sign up for... 90 days same as cash.... :) :)
Right when you get your Xmas bonus from work...

(get those wheels.... get those wheels.... get those wheels.... get those wheels!)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts