Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, needed a place to vent about this and here is really the only place. I must say I love the old charger as much as anyone (don't believe me see my posts) and if I could get a brand new one that was economically feesible I would. But instead we have the new interperation, which I LOVE! Sorry but she can run circles around the old muscle for the most part. I hear rants about the "no coupe" who cares! I have a family, the old cars were family cars, with big engines. why else would they have those huge rear seats, to hld all the extra parts to replace? Try fitting a car seat back there and moving the seat to put your child in everyday. She is fine the way she is now. Also all these stupid articles that say it has no styling cues to the old cars. Horse pucky. Are they blind, or stupid? I am a designer, I can see it plain as day, that is what got my attention for it beofre I sat down to drive. Lets see four styling points closely related to at least the 69 (which I am most familar with)

1. the fog lights placement
2. 'kangaroo' hips
3. Look closely at the lines coming down the side of the back window, subdued yes, but still there
4. the small flip up on the trunk lid.

who cares if they are silmiar to what the other cars in dodge have on them in certain areas, why can't styling cues be taken from one to the next? How many cars have copied the chargers of old? the mustangs? camaros? Jimminy crickets, this car is for our generation, and is made in a mold that fits. SO please bluntly help me voice my opinions along with yours to tell these dumb blind morons to shutup, get a job, a real job, get out of their hondas, off thier jealous horses and most of all...

GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU SLOW STINKING OIL BURNING JUNK HEAP!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Greetings gfmedia!!! You really need to learn to express yourself. :biggrin: JK!!
The old Chargers rock, todays Charger rocks. Nuff said!!!! Regards! Mike :wave:

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
A guy I work with has an original 1967 Charger Fastback. He drove it to work last week and parked next to me. At lunch we decided to check out both cars, they are the SAME length bumper to bumper (not counting his bumper protectors...) and the roof line follows the same shape upto the rear window (ours drops and his slants), the windshileds are almost the same angle and at almost the same position from the front of the car. If you ask me, these cars are built to resemble. If I would have had my camera with me, I wouyld have taken photos (it now sits in my center console and I have a new cell phone w/ cam...), hopefully he drives it one more time before it snows...

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
gfmedia said:
Also all these stupid articles that say it has no styling cues to the old cars. Horse pucky. Are they blind, or stupid?
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Keep this up and your going to have a lot of friends here.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i concur....what drives me crazy is the fact that the mags are saying this, but EVERY single person that sees this car say they love it and it is gorgeous. screw the reviewers...no one liked dumb and dumber either and i love that movie!!!! and yes i am with a15umbra....you will more friends than you know what to do with.

crazy_luck - what the hell were you thinking...no pics....come on...you are fired.....no more posting for you.....lmao. if you can get us some pics that would look awesome. :happy:

·
Registered
608 Posts
What is gf really saying??? :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
To tell the truth, Im glad the styling queues between the classic and new versions are subdued. I never really liked the old Charger, when looking at old muscle cars it was really my least favorite compared to all the other "classic" muscle cars of the 60's and 70s. The Boss, Cobra, Mach 1, GTO...and hell, a dozen others looked much better, IMHO.

Whatever, this is a kickass car. I dont care what name they put on it, and dont fully understand why they chose to call it a Charger, but I love it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Something I can agree with. My only charger complaints are only in comparison to the concept car that I have seen. In which case I also have had the same complaints wit the mustang and GTO not living up to the past concept cars that i have seen (especially pontiac's ewww :| )

The charger in it's own right is a clean looking ride. It is a head turner even in cities where I was among the heads breaking neck to see a clean black R/T ride by on clean chrome 20's. If anything my arguement would be that the charger itself deserves it's own namesake. Easily the one thing I'm marking down on my X-mas list, that is if that fat bastard santa isn't riding this thing around... which he prolly would since it makes *340-420RP -_-

*(reindeer power)

·
Registered
608 Posts
mtbatol said:
Something I can agree with. My only charger complaints are only in comparison to the concept car that I have seen. In which case I also have had the same complaints wit the mustang and GTO not living up to the past concept cars that i have seen (especially pontiac's ewww :| )

The charger in it's own right is a clean looking ride. It is a head turner even in cities where I was among the heads breaking neck to see a clean black R/T ride by on clean chrome 20's. If anything my arguement would be that the charger itself deserves it's own namesake. Easily the one thing I'm marking down on my X-mas list, that is if that fat bastard santa isn't riding this thing around... which he prolly would since it makes *340-420RP -_-

*(reindeer power)
How many mpg do reindeer get? :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
mtbatol said:
http://www.acarshow.com/chgcpt.html

Are you talking about that concept car? Im really really glad they didnt produce that, it looks like something KITT would father after a drunken night with a Viper.

I just have to reiterate, Im glad they made the car they did. Looks, performance, decent price, nice interior (I really like it, with the comfort package), great space. Now, if they just sort of chopped it down to a coup but kept the styling the same...I still probably would have gone with a Mustang instead. What really makes the Charger is the fact that its a kick ass sedan.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wildcard313 said:

Are you talking about that concept car? Im really really glad they didnt...
You know, I've seen these pics several times, but upon looking at them again, I noticed several styling cues that came straight from the concept car to the current Charger.

• Front End 1: The headlights on the concept car have that "mean" snarl type look to them. The top edge of the headlight components angle down as they go in toward the grill.
  • Front End 2: Although placed lower and it has more of an Intrepid look to it, the grill's front "cross-hairs" are there. For the new Charger they just moved them up and made it bigger and not quite as angular.
  • Rear Window: Taking the 2nd gen "sails" cue, the concept added some sails (although very small). If you look at the new Charger, these very same small sails are evident.
I would agree that I am glad that they didn't make the Charger look like this, but on the other hand, the two items I wish they had taken from this would have been the old school gas cap and the look of the rear-end taillights. I would have liked them to have incorporated the slot lights that most of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Chargers had (yes, I know, the current Chargers twin lamp reflectors are a direct take from the '68 twin rounds, I just liked the slots better :) ).

Now after saying all that, I am not unhappy with what they produced. I love my Charger from front to back. The above comments are just thought and musings.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Wildcard313 said:

Are you talking about that concept car? Im really really glad they didnt produce that, it looks like something KITT would father after a drunken night with a Viper.

I just have to reiterate, Im glad they made the car they did. Looks, performance, decent price, nice interior (I really like it, with the comfort package), great space. Now, if they just sort of chopped it down to a coup but kept the styling the same...I still probably would have gone with a Mustang instead. What really makes the Charger is the fact that its a kick ass sedan.

Look closely at the main pic of that caoncept, just above the rear wheel. It looks like a door line for a rear door (then again, I might be seeing things).....

·
Registered
549 Posts
If they could have somehow found a way to incorporate the slices in the doors that would have been killer but all and all I love the way the car looks and wouldn't have it any other way.

Later

·
Registered
630 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
Look closely at the main pic of that caoncept, just above the rear wheel. It looks like a door line for a rear door (then again, I might be seeing things).....
You are not seeing things. Yes, the concept car has 4 doors.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ya know, I didnt notice the 4 doors, but I still dont like that concept car. It just looks...ugly to me.

I do kind of wish/hope they make a coup eventually, using the current Charger stylings. It would be perfect for my mid life crisis, which Im sure is coming soon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys, keep feeding, maybe they'll read and understand someday! The journalists for most of these mag artcles, have just irratated me. Thanks for letting me vent.

Burn rubber,...well unless you have tires for life.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I AGREE WITH AN EARLIER DISSCUSION HERE..the gto'S ARE butt UGLY..GIVING gto A BAD NAME..WISH they would've made a more stylish...Then they could've taken a hint from mopar and made a 6.1 L hemi and made a new "The Judge"..EXCELLENT!!! But IMHO, the new mustang isn't 2 bad.. BUT THE CHARGER IS #1..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts