Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so predator claims that their tuner allows for TIRE AND GEAR CHANGES. is this for the hemi trucks or will it help OR work for the lx cars????? so far i cant seem to get a ansewer on this.:knockout:

·
Registered
542 Posts
so predator claims that their tuner allows for TIRE AND GEAR CHANGES. is this for the hemi trucks or will it help OR work for the lx cars????? so far i cant seem to get a ansewer on this.:knockout:

Before we start worrying about what the predator can or can't do, we need worry about the shipping date... it's 45 days since they first said they were going to ship the toner... :confused:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
it ships to vendors this weekend. they will have it by monday at the latest.

if you are in the buys already, it will be on your door step by friday of next week. as told to me by Andy over at PPP.

i know for a fact that tire changes will be in there. im not sure if this is for perfomance, as i dont think you can compensate for that without gear changes. but i believe it is used for correcting your speedo.

·
Registered
928 Posts
yep same PPP told me on friday that its is booked for shipping on the 17th and diablo has said they are still on target for that. (SWEEEEEET!!)

as far as the gears goes, it looks like they have found how to adjust them (2nd hand info mind you) but there are no gears made for our cars yet. and soundsecurity they have said that these tuners are for the LX models not just hemi models, they will not work on the trucks. (I suspect due to the MASSIVE amount of computer difference in them)

·
Registered
502 Posts
yep same PPP told me on friday that its is booked for shipping on the 17th and diablo has said they are still on target for that. (SWEEEEEET!!)

as far as the gears goes, it looks like they have found how to adjust them (2nd hand info mind you) but there are no gears made for our cars yet. and soundsecurity they have said that these tuners are for the LX models not just hemi models, they will not work on the trucks. (I suspect due to the MASSIVE amount of computer difference in them)[/QUOTE

There is a lot of information about it on LXFORUMS. Here is the link

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=72459

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

as far as the gears goes, it looks like they have found how to adjust them (2nd hand info mind you) but there are no gears made for our cars yet. and soundsecurity they have said that these tuners are for the LX models not just hemi models, they will not work on the trucks. (I suspect due to the MASSIVE amount of computer difference in them)[/QUOTE

i saw this morning on LXFORUMS that one of the vendors posted that it is for all hemi's including the trucks but will not work on the 04 models or may be it was the 05. BUT at this time it's all here say on every thing. and a year ago on this forum some vendor was selling rear end gears [372 and 387] for the lx cars. but the ad quickly disapered. i'll try and find their ad in my back issuse's of mopar muscle mag if i can find it.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No telling for sure if they can do gears til its tried. Lots of folks have been sure they could be, only to find out later.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

over on LKFORUMS RIGHT NOW-randomaccess aka high horse power has the diablo programer part # listed and the claim is that it works on all 03-07 hemi trucks and all 05-07 hemi 5.7 and 6.1's

·
Registered
928 Posts
cool, I was going off old info, nice to know its good for all hemis

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it does sound a little weird to me that it can work on a 03-07 hemi truck and the lx cars both. dont the hemi truck have a 904 4 speed auto trans? at least the older ones. WELL WE WILL SOON SEE.

·
Registered
928 Posts
im betting it will not do all the functionality on them

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Shoot.... Im about to order one.... I know I have till tomorrow to get the GB price :D..... I just need to make up my mind!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
it does sound a little weird to me that it can work on a 03-07 hemi truck and the lx cars both. dont the hemi truck have a 904 4 speed auto trans? at least the older ones. WELL WE WILL SOON SEE.
On August 29th when Diablo made their last official announcement about the release date they announced that the Hemi Rams will be on a seperate tuner. The original plans were for all hemi Rams, and LX's to be on one tuner. Instead this tuner is going to support the LX's and the GC SRT8. The Ram tuners will be a seperate tuner released later. The reason he explained is mostly for the transmission differences between the ram's and the LX's.

Below is the copy of their last official statement
Here is what many of you have been asking for.

DiabloSport is happy to announce we are about ready to put everything
into production.
You asked for it and you got it.. which is somewhat the cause of some of
the delays.

You wanted your LX HEMI supported..you got it.
2005-2007 5.7, 6.1 SRT8's, red ones, silver ones, even Plum Crazy purple
ones. We even put int the SRT8 Jeep too.

You wanted more power.. you got it.
+20 RWHP increase on avg with a few simple key presses.

You wanted the ability to modify your B&G tuned PCM... you got it.
Read it in and tweak it how you or B&G wants.

You wanted Custom Tuning ability... you got it.
Beyond the built-in DiabloSport tunes, you can have up to 5 custom tunes
at your fingertips. Custom tunes are available from any of our network
of CMR Custom Tuning dealers who have our DCX tuning package.

You wanted adjustable parameters.. you got it.
Adjust your fuel, spark, idle, cooling fans, ESP, Torque Management,
more.. all up to you.

You wanted TCM support.. you got it.
Paddle Hold, Paddle Auto-Kick, Raised Shift points, Reset TCM Adaptives
are just a few.. most adjustable ON-THE-FLY!

You wanted a fast handheld.. you got it.
Reprograms the vehicle in 30-45 seconds.. some with only a single
ignition key cycle.

You wanted datalogging.. you got it.
Log parameters internally or stream them to a PC and view with our free
DAT Viewer software.

All DiabloSport LX HEMI Predators are Engineered to Raise Hell and are
also internet updateable and as we add new features, you get them for free.

Production usually takes 1-2 weeks and we expect to be shipping around
the middle of September barring any unforseen obstacles.
Also due to some vehicle dynamics with the DR HEMI trucks, they will not
be included in this release.

Thank You for your support and patience.
Diablosport Inc.
Btw they have claimed to have found where to change gears in the software and say it's easy to test if their change works. Of course noone can be absolutely sure until someone puts a different gear in there and doesn't get limp mode.

·
Registered
928 Posts
seeeeeee I thought I had read that somewhere =)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had an '04 hemi with the 5-speed.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Btw they have claimed to have found where to change gears in the software and say it's easy to test if their change works. Of course noone can be absolutely sure until someone puts a different gear in there and doesn't get limp mode.

this would be incredibly easy to check. if they can program for diferent wheel sizes. then they can compensate for gear ratios as well. its just another calculation for the computer to make.

the supposed reason for all the delays on this tuner. were due to the fact they wanted to thouroughly test and check everything. to make sure it was flawless before shipping. so i imagine they checked this out already.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
this would be incredibly easy to check. if they can program for diferent wheel sizes. then they can compensate for gear ratios as well. its just another calculation for the computer to make.

the supposed reason for all the delays on this tuner. were due to the fact they wanted to thouroughly test and check everything. to make sure it was flawless before shipping. so i imagine they checked this out already.
Oh they said they did test for it. The concern is though that the Gear Ratio is not just controlled by the PCM but is a relationship between the PCM ABS and ESP modules. From their history they seem like they know what they're doing, and i'm sure if it doesn't work right once someone actually puts gears in a car that they're going to work their arses off to make it work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts