Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They changed them under warranty in Feb. A month ago.. my wheels started shaking again when I slowed down. I finally just dropped it off. He called me and said 'Yeah you need the rotors turned or new ones, its 139$ to turn them, 179$ to turn them and get pads, and (2something wasnt really paying attention at this point) for pads and new rotors. I said well let me ask you.. I had them changed in Feb under warranty.. I've put about 9k miles on them since, Is it normal to go thru 2 sets of rotors in 14 months. He sai well this is your first set... I said no you put a new set on under warranty in Feb.. so even though I didnt pay for them... this is my second set. He said well thats the price. I said 'well I dont want you to do anything with it' He said 'Fine.. it 39.95$ to check the brakes' ??????? I told him we would work out the wrinkles when I come pick it up.. He said well thats what it is... Am I the only one who thinks thats inappropriate?

·
Registered
523 Posts
They changed them under warranty in Feb. A month ago.. my wheels started shaking again when I slowed down. I finally just dropped it off. He called me and said 'Yeah you need the rotors turned or new ones, its 139$ to turn them, 179$ to turn them and get pads, and (2something wasnt really paying attention at this point) for pads and new rotors. I said well let me ask you.. I had them changed in Feb under warranty.. I've put about 9k miles on them since, Is it normal to go thru 2 sets of rotors in 14 months. He sai well this is your first set... I said no you put a new set on under warranty in Feb.. so even though I didnt pay for them... this is my second set. He said well thats the price. I said 'well I dont want you to do anything with it' He said 'Fine.. it 39.95$ to check the brakes' ??????? I told him we would work out the wrinkles when I come pick it up.. He said well thats what it is... Am I the only one who thinks thats inappropriate?
I'd be pissed and you should find another dealership. I'm on my 3rd one right now and drive a good 40 min. to get there. I have 3 literally within a 10 mile radius and they all suck. If they still try and make you pay the $39.95 make them call there Corp. Rep. and tell them the situation. You might end up getting the brakes replaced as well with enough bithching!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be pissed and you should find another dealership. I'm on my 3rd one right now and drive a good 40 min. to get there. I have 3 literally within a 10 mile radius and they all suck. If they still try and make you pay the $39.95 make them call there Corp. Rep. and tell them the situation. You might end up getting the brakes replaced as well with enough bithching!
They have a corp rep they can call while I'm there?!?

·
Registered
338 Posts
That totally sucks. I would definately complain til the cows come home. That is retarded that they want to charge you $$ for checking something that simple. Come on... Definately go to another dealer from now on... My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so the service manager waived the fee.... but still wont cover my rotors... He said because of my spirited driving my rotors are warping prematurely. I said well how do you know how I drive? I've owned 15 cars or so over my driving life.. and never had to replace my rotors more than once. Well this is a sports car? I said... 'huh?' So now Im off to call Dodge... anyone have a number?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Jeeps are fairly well known for warping rotors constantly. Big heavy vehicle weee little brake pads.

Other thing that can happen is if you brake down hard and then sit at a stop light with the caliper clamped down you can imprint brake pad material onto the rotor. Feels like a warped rotor but it's really pad cooked to the rotor and stuck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had mine resurfaced under warranty at 11k. No charge to me, or as the service manager said, "We covered your brakes under warranty because they suck." So far they're still good at 15k.

I'm a lot disappointed in the brake performance. Yes, it's a big heavy powerful car. So put bigger brakes on at the factory so you don't piss off the customers.

That's the sort of out-of-the-box thinking you don't get from American manufacturers, unfortunately. In the 30k miles I put on my A4 pretty much the only things that didn't fail were the brakes and the clutch, and I pretty much beat the piss out of both.

·
Registered
467 Posts
my front rotors and pads were replaced wednesday under warranty though i was at 12800miles. tech said they were out of round. went in for the vibration/shimmy at 70+ and braking. went for test drive to show tech the vibration I notice plus the sunroof rattle. took a look at the rear wheel bearings and said there was a little play in them. those will be replaced tomorrow- had to order them, along with new sunroof glass. hopefully my vibration and rattle will be gone Friday.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Which PGH dodge dealer is it ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts