Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need help!!! I really want to do the brylcreem to my Charger but
a) I live in Virginia and I am really worried that once its done, it will be too loud and I will " attract" the LEO
b) The only places around me ( Fairfax ) that I know of that can bend pipe is Midas and they want 180-200
SOOOOOo what about taking off the resos? Will that be louder? If ANYONE in this area of VA could help, I would be greatly appreciated. I have gone on the LX forums site and listened to the different exhaust, but there is only so much you can get listening to a computer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Is VA that strict on loud exhausts?

The cops HAVE to have something better to do than pull u over cuz of a loud exhaust.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Have you thought about attending some meet and greets? While there you may be able to hear some different setups in person.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The Bryclream is Highly over rated I wish mine was much louder you really have nothing to worry about. You just have to find some one cheaper do you have Meineke or Pepboys or any Ma and Pop shop shoud do it for less the $100.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm think about getting the same thing I had on MY SXT which was a dual intake Dual outake Magnaflow muffler and removing the resos and getting t he resonated tips. On my SXT i had the muffler and some stainless steel tips and the thing sounded a hell of a lot louder then a Creemed R/T.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Best Mod, bang for the buck.... Just hack the resonators out. You'll be happy (for a bit then it will be header/cat-back time)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok I need help!!! I really want to do the brylcreem to my Charger but
a) I live in Virginia and I am really worried that once its done, it will be too loud and I will " attract" the LEO
b) The only places around me ( Fairfax ) that I know of that can bend pipe is Midas and they want 180-200
SOOOOOo what about taking off the resos? Will that be louder? If ANYONE in this area of VA could help, I would be greatly appreciated. I have gone on the LX forums site and listened to the different exhaust, but there is only so much you can get listening to a computer.
I can assure you...its not too loud. Loud enough to turn heads,but not loud enough to get a ticket. Cream it and leave the resos alone and you will be happy. There are a million posts on this topic-and 99% of the posts have been positive....:grin:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I can assure you...its not too loud. Loud enough to turn heads,but not loud enough to get a ticket. Cream it and leave the resos alone and you will be happy. There are a million posts on this topic-and 99% of the posts have been positive....:grin:
x2 had my R/T done last week and love it. Just a nice little rumble and a helluva growl at WOT. Cost was $60 at a mom and pop muffler shop.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
It seems more people like it on the the R/T than the SRT so you may be ok. I have it on my SRT and I hate it. It is way to raspy and it just sounds too cheap for this car. As far as loud, it's loud when you nail it but not at all loud for everyday driving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I cut out the suitcase and left the resos. Not too loud and the cop did not write a second ticket for the exhaust.

It's a good interim mod. I think it sounds a bit hollow and I'll definitely go with a full cat back system in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts