Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 SRT8 and I took my car into shop to have brakes checked out. And they said all four rotors are warped and that Chrysler only warranties the brake rotors to 12k miles. He then said to replace all four rotors and brake pads was going to run me a little less than 1,000! My question is this, I searched and found many many posts about warped rotors and since I have to shell out my hard earned money every time they warp do they make a better rotor that won't warp every 10k miles?:cry:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Try EBAY, way cheaper and you'll get some sweet deals. If you can make sure to do the job youself, it's easy if you have the right tools (minimal tools required) and your brakes are important enough not to leave in tha hands of a $10 an hour "professional"

Here is an example of some rotors on EBAY:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...020QQitemZ300152678760QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

While your at it make sure to pick up some posi-quite pads as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Idea!
I did a quick scan on e-bay and found some for less, were is the catch?

I can't post a direct link yet but here is an item number of what I'm talking about. 280152578716

Thanks for the advice and help!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Good Idea!
I did a quick scan on e-bay and found some for less, were is the catch?

I can't post a direct link yet but here is an item number of what I'm talking about. 280152578716

Thanks for the advice and help!

No catch that I can see ... I would only do the slotted ones though ... I paid 100 bucks for just pads ... 70 for shipping seems high but 500 bucks for rotors and pads... Cheaper than my vette was ...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
there was a guy selling slotted and drilled rotors for SRT's for like 340 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts