Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my Oil Change today at a whopping 3100 miles, i couldnt prevent the other 100, when i was around 2900, i called dealers, on saturday, and the ones around me were busy, so, i had to wait untill today. so i got the oil change, cost $58 anyone getting it for same or less price?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I hope that was for synthetic - I paid under fifty bucks for synthetic oil changes on my 300c. They scheduled my oil change for 5,000 miles - I checked my service manual today and it says 5k for the first oil change. Just curious, but why did you change it at 3k? My first oil change is "on the house" if I take it to the dealer I bought it from. Guess I'll have to wait til 10k to change to synthetic.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yeah my first one is "on the house" as well! I will go on and get it done at about 3000 myself.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
i got my oil changed at only 1400 miles, my charger is not a daily driver. i got the 3 year/36,000 full maintance program with my car so it didnt cost me a dime. my question is i know that you are supposed to change at 3,000 or 5000, but, how about time. should i still change the oil at every 3 months? im ready to get it changed again and i only have 2700 miles on her.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No reason not to change it early. If the one I buy has around 50 or so miles like several I have seen, I'll have them change it before I roll off the lot. Seems there is a lot of metal flaking from the engine's build and the oil gets nasty very quickly. The thought of all that metal floating around bothers me. I do the first oil change on our new motorcycles around 100 miles and the oil looks horrendous, you can see the metal floating in it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
No reason not to change it early. If the one I buy has around 50 or so miles like several I have seen, I'll have them change it before I roll off the lot. Seems there is a lot of metal flaking from the engine's build and the oil gets nasty very quickly. The thought of all that metal floating around bothers me. I do the first oil change on our new motorcycles around 100 miles and the oil looks horrendous, you can see the metal floating in it.
Roger that! I have gotten the oil changed on EVERY brand new vehicle I've owned at 500 miles - for this reason. I don't understand why they only recommend the first oil change at 5k if they're so concerned about prolonging the life of the engine, etc. We've owned a few brand new Mercedes Benz and they also don't recommend a service after break-in. Makes me wonder!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts