Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my car back from getting the new engine put in it the engine light popped on so I plugged in the Predator and got this.... P0198-engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit High.. I popped the hood and I cant figure it out.. what do you guys think? Thanks in advance guys :beerchug:

·
Registered
539 Posts
i think thats the high voltage sensor. you think its missing? i wonder if its a normally open or closed.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
circuit high = means the circuit is not plugged in or broken
just look for loose connectors

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys, Ive been trying to figure this out for two weeks now, I should have asked sooner haha. Thanks guys :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright so I checked all the wires and stuff and nothing that I can see is diconnected so I dont know whats goin on. any ideas?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
I'm at a loss because i thought only the diesel chargers had oil temp sensors

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
doh
if you look up the code in the service manual its only in the diesel section. and i've seen them in that spot pic ed above on the 3.0's . Well he wouldnt have a code if it wasnt there i guess :grin:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm at a loss because i thought only the diesel chargers had oil temp sensors
Smarta$$ :biggrinjester:

Service manual shows an oil temp sensor connector on the 5.7L HEMI, front passenger side.

I should have looked in the manual, I feel like an A$$ hat now lol. Thanks buddy, Ill check it out in the morning :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUMP! can someone help me figure this out?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump! Can anybody help me out?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump! Anyone.. Anyone..

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
If you're sure the connection is good, it might be a bad sensor.

Sorry, but if you got a new engine put in maybe you should have whoever did the install check it out, too.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're sure the connection is good, it might be a bad sensor.

Sorry, but if you got a new engine put in maybe you should have whoever did the install check it out, too.
Yeah maybe, Ill definately take it back to them though, its just hard because i work 8 to 5 everyday and thats the shops hours too, so im just tryin to save myself some time. Thanks for the help though :beerchug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts