Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

Just a quick question.....does your oil pan drain plug have an o-ring on it?

Take a gander next time you change your oil and let me know.

I recently changed mine and to me it looks like I may have lost mine. There is a groove in the base of the plug that looks like it is there to accomodate an o-ring and for the life of me, I never checked it any time that I've changed my oil. It's one of those things that you just don't worry about as I haven't had any leaks in the past nor this time.

?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hey Folks,

Just a quick question.....does your oil pan drain plug have an o-ring on it?

Take a gander next time you change your oil and let me know.

I recently changed mine and to me it looks like I may have lost mine. There is a groove in the base of the plug that looks like it is there to accomodate an o-ring and for the life of me, I never checked it any time that I've changed my oil. It's one of those things that you just don't worry about as I haven't had any leaks in the past nor this time.

?
I've never seen a drain plug with an O-ring on it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My 6.1 has a white nylon washer on it ... I only remember because I changed it last week and it almost fell off.. I just threaded it back down to the base of the bolt head before I put it back in

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 6.1 has a white nylon washer on it
Interesting! Looks like I'll have to find another that fits or head to the dealer and get another one. I put a smaller o-ring on there temporarily.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
my 5.7 has a orange rubber seal on it-and as a matter of fact both my chargers have it-they came from the factory like that. and yes i'm the only one who has ever changed the oil on both of them so no one has switched them out.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
my 5.7 has a orange rubber seal on it-and as a matter of fact both my chargers have it-they came from the factory like that. and yes i'm the only one who has ever changed the oil on both of them so no one has switched them out.
This is how my 6.1 is. It's like a burnt orange color and it is bonded to the plug.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i just did mine a few hours ago. hence the thread i started. Just like Sound&Security said. mine (5.7) Does have a orange o ring on the plug.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
We're getting down to a study of semantics here. I think some people on this thread are using the term o-ring to mean any gasket and that's causing confusion to answering the OP's question literally. The drain plug indeed comes with an orange gasket as has been mentioned, but that gasket is not an o-ring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts