Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone reads this and has had this problem fixed or know an answer to either please let me know.

I took my 07 Charger (Tytan) with the 3.5L HO engine to get an oil change bout roughly 2 months ago .. no problems as i watched the techs work on my car.
My car has about 30,200 miles on it and so today i was going to check the oil level since its time for an oil change. I pop the hood and notice that there is a shallow pool of oil that is sitting in the car's engine shield that is mounted underneath. I also am almost a qt. Low in oil. I want to say that this is possibly the oil filter however, i have had the car 5 months and this is the first time that i have noticed this oil seppage... Is there any known recalls or problems with gaskets on the 3.5? I use to have a neon and i dont want it to be that i got the same problem that killed that car to happen to my new one.

The 2nd issue is.. i have noticed that during traffic (sitting) my car's idling seems to fluctuate up and down its intermittent to not consistent however when it does seem to drop in idle speed the car seems to want to shut off while my foot is on the brake but it doesnt.. or as i am sitting from decelerating in traffic there is this feeling of a "bump" (sort of like if you have felt someone hit your car slightly). I have no idea of what has caused either of the two issues i am presenting. Overall, I have really enjoyed my Charger and i want to keep it around a while longer. Any help you guys can give would gladly be appreciated! :driving:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
as for the oil leak i bet they left the gasket on from the other one i have seen this dont know for sure just an idea

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:beerchug:
as for the oil leak i bet they left the gasket on from the other one i have seen this dont know for sure just an idea
Yeah it was.. i took it to another spot rather than take it to the dealership as my friends were trying to tell me.. So that saved me some cash other than having a regular oil change. I did get informed that i do have a trans leak though :( so its actually at the shop right now to get that taken care of.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Search "the bump" there are a million threads on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts