·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system Electric blue

Shoe Automotive tire Leg Hood Bumper

Hello All,

Long time listener, first time caller here. I was changing the oil on my 17 Scatpack W 95K miles the other day and I noticed what appears to be oil gunk and likely some red coolant where the block meets the cylinder head. I don't know if it's new or something I never noticed before (which I doubt) and I'm worried that it's either a head gasket issue, valve seals issue and really hoping I don't have cracked cylinder heads. I've had a catch can since I bought the car at 18K miles. The black gunk is really caked on and hard to clean off, which makes me think it's at least been there for sometime. I have had zero performance issues and no overheating, oil pressure is good as well. I'm attaching a few photos I took, has anyone seen something similar? Have I just not noticed this before? There is also some red that I assume to be coolant on the top of the plastic piece right behind the throttle body but I have zero clue how any coolant would have made it there. Anyone have any thoughts?
Light Automotive tire Black Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Tire Bumper Carbon Vehicle

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Floor Gas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not where the block meets the head, it where the intake meets the head, so as stated it is either the intake O rings or loose intake bolts. I would get some gunk spray cleaner, clean that area, see if it comes back before you do any other work.
Thanks, upon further inspection there appears to be a solid amount of gunk on both sides, maybe it just never made its way to the front before and I didn't notice. Will clean and torque those bolts and possibly replace those seals. Thanks for the assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts