Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice the charger lost about 3 liters of oil in a 1000 mile drive,
its going to the dealer next month, this is very unusual for a new car,
anyone have had this problem with the v6?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Did you change the oil??? The reason I ask is that my dealer shorted me a quart last trip and it took me a while to find it, even a Dodge dealer didn't realize the chargers take 5-6 quarts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
put it this way if it ain't a diesel or have over 100,000miles it shouldn't
be burning or loosing oil I've had old cars that would loose a quart
at the end of the life span of the oil/next oil change with 150,000
miles V8. Design flaw or something instead of fixing the problem just
cover it up and say its normal as its normal for sludge in the coolant
and it has excessive carbon build up to lifter tapping is normal.I have a
3.5L and so far it retains all fluids it did go in around 2500 miles for the
excessive carbon build up. Ever since then I add injector cleaner every oil change.And just did a De-carbonize of the intake runs smooth now.
I just did intake cleaning and it runs smooth.

·
Registered
503 Posts
All cars will burn some oil...

I think I was down about 1/2 a quart after about 10,000 kms (around 6k miles ?)... which was a bit surprising to me but nothing to worry about.

Burning anything more than that I'd say is a problem.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the 3.5L, and no i didnt change the oil, the dealer did it before the trip.... (mexicali - hermosillo), but its a new car... so we never check fluids :p (until now)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
its the 3.5L, and no i didnt change the oil, the dealer did it before the trip.... (mexicali - hermosillo), but its a new car... so we never check fluids :p (until now)
when did you put yourself back in charger!?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
If you check your receipt from the dealer, mine said on there that I was shorted. I too now always check my fluids!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've had my oil changed at dealerships since I got the car and they routinely leave me 1/4 -1/2 quart short of "max." The "max" mark is where I always keep my oil levels, so I always go over and check my vehicle immediately after its serviced. My Charger has over 17,000 miles now and has never consumed any noticeable amount of oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.