Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought a 09RT. Only mods are predator and AFE intake. My "oil change required - See dealer message" just started popping up and the car just rolled 2500 miles. No much hard driving or anything like that, mostly highway miles. Is this normal for a first oil change to set this quickly? Figure it would go at least 4-5k bofore requesting a oil change. Thanks!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
thats about when mine lit up too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can't speak specifically for the 09, but my 08 did this right around 2500 miles also. Several others' also did this. It seems to be programmed to go off at 2500 miles & then use the oil life programming from that point forward. For what it's worth, I did go ahead & change mine at 2500 miles & there were a lot of wear metals from the engine break-in. You can check out the oil analysis at the thread in my signature.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Completely normal. Perfect opportunity to shift to some nice Amsoil / Mobil1 / Royal Purple / Chubba-Wubba / Dave's Authentic Southern Recipe synthetic.

Start the countdown for Brian to show up. <Grin>

·
Registered
85 Posts
My first change was at 1,000 miles (no light just my own call) and then the light came on at 6000 miles. 2500 miles later it came on again... Using synthetic since the 6000 mile oil change. Hate to change it for a "calculated" life when the oil looks, feels and smells good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts