Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my oil changed 5/11, and the change oil message has been on for a few weeks now. I haven't even driven 2000 miles since then. What could be going on?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I got my oil changed 5/11, and the change oil message has been on for a few weeks now. I haven't even driven 2000 miles since then. What could be going on?
was it reset?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe so. After I got it changed, it didn't go off for about 1.5 months.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
that is odd...

You have a newer charger right? Is the message through the NAV (if it's through here it is set to just go off on an interval) or do you have an actual oil life indicator?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is odd...

You have a newer charger right? Is the message through the NAV (if it's through here it is set to just go off on an interval) or do you have an actual oil life indicator?
It's on the EVIC, says "Oil Change Needed" (or somethign like that), with a ding, followed by saying "Contact Dealer".

·
Vendor
10,370 Posts
I believe so. After I got it changed, it didn't go off for about 1.5 months.
Most cars oil change systems are done on an algorithm. Throttle position x mph x stop and go x time....usually.

Some upper end cars like the Cadillacs have the algorithm and two metal plates that measure the resistance between them as the oil passes through them. When there is enough conductivity due to the ferrous metal content, it compares to the algorithm and then turns on the light or message on the dashboard.

I believe on the chargers that it is simply the algorithm so change the oil based on mileage like in the old days and forget the "onboard system" because it is inaccurate.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most cars oil change systems are done on an algorithm. Throttle position x mph x stop and go x time....usually.

Some upper end cars like the Cadillacs have the algorithm and two metal plates that measure the resistance between them as the oil passes through them. When there is enough conductivity due to the ferrous metal content, it compares to the algorithm and then turns on the light or message on the dashboard.

I believe on the chargers that it is simply the algorithm so change the oil based on mileage like in the old days and forget the "onboard system" because it is inaccurate.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
I'd heard about the algorithm. I do a bunch of stop&go driving, and enjoy the feeling of full power, even if I'm only going up to 25 in a residential. Since I do ride it pretty rough, I wasn't sure if I'd need to change it more often, especially this often, even with full synth oil.

·
Vendor
10,370 Posts
I'd heard about the algorithm. I do a bunch of stop&go driving, and enjoy the feeling of full power, even if I'm only going up to 25 in a residential. Since I do ride it pretty rough, I wasn't sure if I'd need to change it more often, especially this often, even with full synth oil.
One important way to protect your engine is to use QuantumBlue Competition Formula 7.5w23 Motor oil. Also adding to it the ACES IV Gasoline Formula Fuel Catalyst that lubricates the upper cylinder reducing bore wear by 600% with stem and guide area wear being reduced by 360%.:clap:

When you are ready, give us a call and we can discuss how to protect your R/T much better than anything you can get store bought.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC

·
Registered
312 Posts
Owners manual for mine says that it only goes off every 6000 miles or 6 months...if I remember correctly. Don't know yet though because I only have 5000 on mine and I do the oil change every 3000 because I'm old school and stuck in my ways so go ahead and yell! :rocker:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had this problem last week, mine showed it come on around 2300 miles. After oil change at 3000 miles it was still on. My service advisor at the dealership stated that when the new models designed as someone else says takes into run time, while stationary or running, miles and certain other perimeters and not just on actual miles. I had to ask how to get rid of the message. You turn key onto on position but do not start it. Push the gas all the way down and let off, do this 3 times, and then turn key to off position, then turn car on the message should go away then, it did for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts