Charger Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When I try to drive up my ramps the just move forward, after removing the bottom plastic cover below the engine, I lifted the car, then lowered it onto the ramps. Back 15 years ago, My dad had a concrete floor in the barn where he stored his tractors. He added a bucket to the front of the tractor, and the weights got removed. I was able to put the tractor weights in front of the jack stands, and that held them in place. The only thing I can think of is to drill a hole in my garage floor, mount a bolt and use that to hold down an angled piece of metle which will hold back the ramps. That is a bit drastic, but it is the only alternate I have came up with, other than purchasing a lift, and if I had that money I would have got the R/T.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have nothing against it. I just care about the engine of my car too much. If you keep up with the oil changes (every 3k miles), then you're fine. If you don't, then after your warranty expires (say you decide to keep the Charger) (100k miles), the engine will wear a lot faster.
The dealer changes it every 3k. They told me when I bought the car that my warranty would be voided if I didnt change it every 3k and have it documented from the dealer in my customer care manual. Now I know this is BS to make me change my oil there, but for $23 I will play there silly little game so that they can't try to bone me on warranty work down the road.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
For that cheap of a price, there is no real advantage in going anywhere else.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dude make you a good set of ramps for about 35 bucks that will last forever. I went to lowes and bought 2-2X8X10 treated boards. Cut the bottom 5ft/ half the link and then so on. Put wood screws from top down so your not going to get your tire. It extendes out plenty that it doesn't scrap and it also gives great clearence under it. The boards don't move when your tring to drive up on them because of the constant weight. I'll try and get a pic of them and post them. There a life saver. The idea I got these from is at work. I'm a diesel tech and we use these all the time. If it will hold a rig it will hold my little charger.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Any tips with the ramps ? The one time I used them to remove the air intake bong it was a nightmare.

First I had to overinflate the tires to clear the front fascia... still hit a bit anyway. Should I look for a more gradual incline ?

And the ramps slid while I tried to get on them...

Removing the plastic panel just to jack the car seems a bit odd.. I was planning to get a jack and some jackstands to do the headers and my oil changes...

I bought a set of plastic ones from Pep Boys, sorry but I can't remember the brand name and I'm here at work so I can't run out and look. But they're like the ones that Cuda340 said, with longer extensions up front for lower ground clearance cars. The kind I bought allowed you to take off the inclined portion of the ramp once your car was on there, to allow for more clearance when working on the car. Also, I have a stock SXT so the front fascia is standard height.

The good thing is that with them being plastic, they're really light. All I did was park my car with the wheels straight, slid the ramps underneath my tires as much as I could, then slowly crawled up the ramps. Luckily I didn't slide.

The last thing to do was to engage the parking brake, THEN put it in park
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
The dealer changes it every 3k. They told me when I bought the car that my warranty would be voided if I didnt change it every 3k and have it documented from the dealer in my customer care manual. Now I know this is BS to make me change my oil there, but for $23 I will play there silly little game so that they can't try to bone me on warranty work down the road.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Pure BS dude!! With all my cars, I have never had them sign my manual, or made every oil change at the dealer; but always had warranty work done with no problems.
I'm sure if you "ask them", they'll tell you need to do that, just because of "procedure", but in truth they won't deny you warranty services because you haven't made oil changes with them. But like someone said, for that price, i wouldn't mind going there every 3k miles either...

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit
20 Posts
Any maintenance can be done at any shop or by the owner. As long as maintenance schedule is followed warranty is preserved. This has been the law for all cars sold in USA since 1970s.
If you just have parts store receipts you might have to threaten legal action, but it should be fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a set of plastic ones from Pep Boys, sorry but I can't remember the brand name and I'm here at work so I can't run out and look. But they're like the ones that Cuda340 said, with longer extensions up front for lower ground clearance cars. The kind I bought allowed you to take off the inclined portion of the ramp once your car was on there, to allow for more clearance when working on the car. Also, I have a stock SXT so the front fascia is standard height.

The good thing is that with them being plastic, they're really light. All I did was park my car with the wheels straight, slid the ramps underneath my tires as much as I could, then slowly crawled up the ramps. Luckily I didn't slide.

The last thing to do was to engage the parking brake, THEN put it in park
Hope this helps!
I like the ones with "the incline part removable" incase you need to enter from the sides, or work right behind the wheel.
I just put a foot long piece of 2x4 in front of ramp, the car drives up on, that first. Fascia clears by a hair, but you could use longer thicker boards.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Any maintenance can be done at any shop or by the owner. As long as maintenance schedule is followed warranty is preserved. This has been the law for all cars sold in USA since 1970s.
If you just have parts store receipts you might have to threaten legal action, but it should be fine.
Thirteen years ago, the LX platform was new and some owners literally did not know how to service it. Today, this thread been dead longer than Mister Whipple.

Let it go, man.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thirteen years ago, the LX platform was new and some owners literally did not know how to service it. Today, this thread been dead longer than Mister Whipple.

Let it go, man.
Oh shit, Mister Whipple is dead, I didn't even know he was sick! :cry:

Yeah, I didn't really intend my response to quoted text to be directed at the user who posted, more just putting out information that everyone should know regarding dealer maintenance.
Like tips in my ramp post, were just intended as general helpful knowledge for any future readers.
Thread has been long dead, but people are still reading it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts