Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Predator today and the dude forgot to send me the usb cable and power supply...hooked up the Predator and it says I need an update.

Well, I have a 399 dollar hunk of plastic that does me no good until I get the friggen cables. I'm pretty much not happy right now. :angry:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I live 35 minutes away. Drive down 283 to WEST Lancaster County and I'll let you use mine till you get yours.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live 35 minutes away. Drive down 283 to WEST Lancaster County and I'll let you use mine till you get yours.

Thank you! I'll check to see how long it'll take to get my cables. I got the unit itself next day...so who knows what'll happen. Thank you so much for your generosity.

Actually we should hook up sometime anyway and shoot the breeze. :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I got mine today and the only thing unxepected was that it had a plan ol' serial cable instead of a serial to USB cable. I got a com port re-enabled on an older PC and got it hooked up and running just fine though. If I'd have known a plain serial cable would work, I may have been able to save a few dollars. I have several laying around here already.

Oh well....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine just came in. I had to pay $12 extra for the usb cable and power supply.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Mine just came in. I had to pay $12 extra for the usb cable and power supply.
Yep, they charged me an extra $20+ for the serial cable and power supply. Not a huge deal I suppose, but I was expecting a USB/Serial combination.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Serial port? What's that?

Really I had to buy a Keyspan serial to USB adapter to use my laptop with VDSTS software for my Buell motorcycle. I just don't know why hardware manufacturers don't get with the times and include USB cables. At best the serial cable is a pain (have to get to the back of the computer to hook up); at worst there isn't a serial port (most laptops).

I suppose the USB cables are more expensive...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just curious but why do you have to update it if you just got it?
Good question...I would have thought it would have been updated with the latest version of firmware [or whatever u call it].

The company is going to overnight me the cables. I am going to the races this weekend and I have a feeling I'll be enjoying the ride up.

·
Registered
541 Posts
hey guys, can you answer me a question? How do these things work? Do you just plug it in to the car and it updates? If so could several people use the same pragrammer? Why or why not? Thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
hey guys, can you answer me a question? How do these things work? Do you just plug it in to the car and it updates? If so could several people use the same pragrammer? Why or why not? Thanks
I am told that when you connect it to your car, it takes out and saves the stock tune and replaces it with whatever built in tune you choose. You cannot use it in another car, until the first one is returned to stock.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Yes, how the hell does this sub human thing know that? Should I lock the f'r up at night too? I don't wanna wake up to it staring at my while I sleep!

How does it know!?

/Halloween themed music
They're probably programmed to say that they need an update just so that everybody always gets the most recent tune

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They're probably programmed to say that they need an update just so that everybody always gets the most recent tune

Which makes me wonder if I can bypass that warning and just give the tune it came with. Oh well the cables are at my house tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts