Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Charger needs new windshield wipers...after almost a year and a half! It's not like I've never used them, we've had plenty of rain and shine, and both extremes of cold and hot temps. They're the original wipers that came with the car.

I've NEVER had wipers last longer than a few months, and the ones that came with the car wipe very well, even now when they're "worn out", they don't squeak and only streak a tiny bit.

So I wanna know where I can get these wipers, and if they're reasonably priced. So long as they aren't $50 stealership specials...I want wipers that will last over a year lol. Does anyone know who makes the OEM wipers that come with the car?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't know who the OEM is, but I've had great luck with Michelin brand wipers. They work very well in the snow also.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wipers usually don't last a year. I replace mine every 6 months, every spring and fall, and usually use the Trico solid rail style. They don't bung up with snow like the old style do.

You can supposedly rejuvenate older blades by cutting an apple in half and wiping it across the blade. No idea if it actually works or not. I tried it as a teenager but think the blades I had were already too far gone, so it didn't work for me.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
So the Charger needs new windshield wipers...after almost a year and a half! It's not like I've never used them, we've had plenty of rain and shine, and both extremes of cold and hot temps. They're the original wipers that came with the car.

I've NEVER had wipers last longer than a few months, and the ones that came with the car wipe very well, even now when they're "worn out", they don't squeak and only streak a tiny bit.

So I wanna know where I can get these wipers, and if they're reasonably priced. So long as they aren't $50 stealership specials...I want wipers that will last over a year lol. Does anyone know who makes the OEM wipers that come with the car?
Same experience here, both with my 2015 SP and my 2012 R/T. And I'm very picky about my windshield wipers.

GTO_04

·
Registered
672 Posts
I change the wipers in all my cars every oil change, I buy them 3-4 sets at a time everytime I see them on sale at rock auto

To me it's worth a couple bucks to know all the cars have clear vision and not driving in rain or snow with streaks and smears

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have amazing luck with Rain-X Latitude wipers. Get a couple inches longer than stock as well.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses! I decided to try some Trico "OEM Exact Fit" wipers from RockAuto...they say they're the exact same style as OEM...so we'll see. Got mine and my wife's car at the same time, much cheaper than even the cheapest wipers at Walmart.

·
Registered
31 Posts
While I cannot comment on my Charger just yet (only owned 3 weeks so far), I can swear by Trico exact fit for my Mercury Marauder which is going on 14.5 years old. Excellent wipers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
While I cannot comment on my Charger just yet (only owned 3 weeks so far), I can swear by Trico exact fit for my Mercury Marauder which is going on 14.5 years old. Excellent wipers.
That's my dream car! Black on black with a Kenne Bell.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Resurrected old thread.
Wanted to get the same questions, as original poster.
After reading posts, i realize, that something special about 2014 Chargers.
My OEM blades lasted 3.5 years (Ontario summers and winters) and after squeaking have been replaced for Mopar-like brand "Magnetti Marelli". So these lasted 2 years, and didn't have the same great touch as OEM ones.
The pricing here was:
OEM : CAD 40 per unit
Magnetti Marelli : CAD 20 per unit (dealership)
Today will try to get Michelin or some other brand, which will be in the mid of the price range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts