Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about changing from the stock SRT "Alcoa Forged" wheels to something else and was wondering if anyone knows their weight? I'd try to stay the same or go lighter and use the existing tires. Thanks!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess at about 45 pounds per wheel, whatever it actually is, you will not find too many 20s that are lighter. The wheels that are lighter are pretty expensive I bet. The SRT engineers said the 300 SRT8s have the lightest wheels of all the SRT8, about 5 pounds less per rim versus the others. Good luck,

Eric

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a look at Tire Rack's website and none of their ideal wheels really appeal to me. I'm going to keep my eyes out and may eventually find something, or maybe the stockers will grow on me. For some reason they just say "Challenger" and not "Charger" when I look at them.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess at about 45 pounds per wheel, whatever it actually is, you will not find too many 20s that are lighter. The wheels that are lighter are pretty expensive I bet. The SRT engineers said the 300 SRT8s have the lightest wheels of all the SRT8, about 5 pounds less per rim versus the others. Good luck,

Eric
Actually they said the Challenger wheels are the lightest.

·
Registered
378 Posts
But no ones knows the real weight? Doesn't unsprung weight require more HP's to move then weight above the spring?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I weighed my SuperBee wheels (brushed face with black pockets) wrapped in 245/45R20 F1's before shipping them to IL, and they were a touch under 62lbs each.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I weighed my SuperBee wheels (brushed face with black pockets) wrapped in 245/45R20 F1's before shipping them to IL, and they were a touch under 62lbs each.
Tirerack.com says the Goodyears weight 29 lbs each.

That puts the wheels at 33 lbs per piece. It will tough to find an aftermarket wheel that weighs less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts