Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have a question about the warranty on the car and what it covers.
So from my understanding, the basic 3/36k warranty covers defects in the workmanship of the car. Would that include the the exhaust look/straightness?

So basically since I had my car the exhaust tip on the driver side was skewed a bit to the right. It wasn’t a big deal as I knew I was going to swap for the carven tips, I figured the tip was just tightened at the wrong angle.
This past week I got the new carven tips and and I put them on. I seated the tips fully on the exhaust and the crookedness on the driver side was more pronounced than original, so I made some adjustments and got it straight.
I then did the passenger side with no issues.
The problem I am having now is the driver side tip is recessed into the diffuser while the passenger side sticks out a bit, just enough to to read the “carven” on the top. (The way I want it)
No matter how I adjust the tips I can’t get them to match depths, which has me thinking the driver side exhaust is just a tad shorter than the passenger side.
I’m thinking because of the crookedness of the tip if seated correctly there is a bend in the exhaust which is a degree or 2 off which is causing the tip look crooked and short.

Anyone know if that would be covered under the warranty? I only have 15k miles on my 2018 Daytona 392

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'd put the stock OEM tips back on and then give it a shot. They might align them for you. If you go in there with different tips, I think there's little chance they would do it for free.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So to update... I called before going to the dealer and asked about the warranty on the exhaust and I was told it is only 1 year 12k miles to do anything with the craftsmanship... so I will just go to a specialty shop to see if they can straighten the pipe.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So to update... I called before going to the dealer and asked about the warranty on the exhaust and I was told it is only 1 year 12k miles to do anything with the craftsmanship... so I will just go to a specialty shop to see if they can straighten the pipe.
FWIW, I went to an exhaust shop and was quoted $100 to fix a tailpipe alignment issue on my '14 Pursuit. I then took it to a small father-and-son repair shop and they fixed it in 10 minutes or so for $25.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW, I went to an exhaust shop and was quoted $100 to fix a tailpipe alignment issue on my '14 Pursuit. I then took it to a small father-and-son repair shop and they fixed it in 10 minutes or so for $25.
Well damn! I think that’s the route I’m gonna take! I need to find a small shop by me that can do that!
Thanks!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Keep an eye on how they raise the car if they need to lift it. Most muffler shops have drive-on lifts with minimal to no clearance for the scat as you drive it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts