Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i found these fog light. they look exactly the same as the OEM ones(to me), but they have smoked lenses. i contacted the seller and said ill need to buy the bracket, as they r not includes? does this sound and look right to u? and if so does anyone know where i can get the bracket without buying the OEM fog lights? thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SMOK...ies?hash=item33563d243e&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

·
Registered
82 Posts
FWIW - I just installed a set of Mopar OEM lights and those look identical.

I don't know what "bracket" their talking about though. The OEM ones just have two screws that go through the fascia piece into the housing around the back of the lights.

·
Registered
968 Posts
FWIW - I just installed a set of Mopar OEM lights and those look identical.

I don't know what "bracket" their talking about though. The OEM ones just have two screws that go through the fascia piece into the housing around the back of the lights.
What he said..But with these it's an external on/off switch versus OEM style..

·
Registered
968 Posts
Why not just go the OEM route?

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have the same clear ones the same seller has listed and there perfect oem replacements, same housing same light bucket everything, you dont need the switches if you already have them of course, i think they just did that as a complete package for people who may be adding them to a charger that doesn't, that's probably what hes talking about when he told ya about the bracket! trust me if you currently have fogs you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two, there a perfect match no mods required, i already purchased the smoked ones and im waiting for [email protected]

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have the same clear ones the same seller has listed and there perfect oem replacements, same housing same light bucket everything, you dont need the switches if you already have them of course, i think they just did that as a complete package for people who may be adding them to a charger that doesn't, that's probably what hes talking about when he told ya about the bracket! trust me if you currently have fogs you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two, there a perfect match no mods required, i already purchased the smoked ones and im waiting for [email protected]
SWEEEEET
Post some pics when u get them

·
Registered
99 Posts
SWEEEEET
Post some pics when u get them
will do!

just wonderin. is this the one i would need? 4th one down
http://www.makeitdodgeparts.com/seccat/charger-566/2006/switches-20137/3/
not sure, sounds like it should be, i dont think anything would need relearned with the canbus sense its just a switch if all the wiring is there but i couldnt say for sure. Maybe one of our fellow members will chime in here with more info! my 98 ram didnt come with fogs but all the wiring was there in the bumper, all i did was bought a set of fogs and a new switch and it worked. but with our new cars nothing is as easy as it use to be (then again some things are waaaay easy!) im sure the fogs are fused etc so maybe call your local Dealer for info about upgrades sense i know they sell an oem fog upgrade kit so it may be just plug n play! goodluck

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
waiting for pics!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Got my new smoked fogs today, they look great, pics when i get them installed probably on sunday, my bears have a bye week :( so no football for me! I can play with the charger :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
can u take some pic before the install so i know if i need to buy these so called brackets
sure, probably wont have time until sunday, I'm actually doing all this from my phone and the lights are at home but i'll snap some shots of just the lights before and some shots of them installed, i know you said you dont have fogs, but do you have the holes in the fascia with the rubber plug/covers? some chargers have the holes just black plug/covers, if so then you probably wouldnt need any brackets, there are only 2 screws that hold them in on opposite corners of the lights that screw into the backside of the fascia! here check this out, its complete fog install right from Mother Mopar!!!
http://mopardrivers.com/?p=302

1 - 20 of 28 Posts