Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger RT Plus
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I just purchased the red & black RT emblem 9OEM from Factory) for my 2015 Charger RT. It has the honeycomb grille.
My question is, how do I install this? I see people say it just snaps into place with the little pegs on the back of the emblem - But I don't want to push to hard & break it.

What I want to do is leave the "DODGE" emblem in place, and put the RT emblem right next to it - is this possible?
Does someone have a video?

Thank You in advance.
Cedar

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
You mean like this emblem? Shouldn't it just snap in? What grille do you have for a 2015 that has a "Dodge" emblem in there too? This is the R/T R&T car from 2015:

The V6 cars had a dodge emblem is the the grille you currently have? Looks like they both won't fit since they occupy same space:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
You mean like this emblem? Shouldn't it just snap in? What grille do you have for a 2015 that has a "Dodge" emblem in there too? This is the R/T R&T car from 2015:

The V6 cars had a dodge emblem is the the grille you currently have? Looks like they both won't fit since they occupy same space:
Only the R/T R&T cars have the heritage R/T grille emblem. The base R/T has the Dodge emblem, just like the SXT. They do occupy the same space so you can't have both.

If the OP wants to keep the Dodge emblem, he'll have to buy a screw-back R/T emblem instead of the OEM snap-in style, and relocate it somewhere else on the grille.

Reactions: Cedarg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CtCarl is correct

I have an 2015 RT fully loaded - these came with the dodge emblem, R/T emblem is only on the back end.
And so he answered the question - I can't have both unless I use a different kind of emblem.

Cedar

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2017 RT Plus, I put the RT emblem on the other side (passenger side), it snapped in to place though I did mange to break one of the tabs, I also put some contact cement on the tabs and back for added security so it didn’t come off during car washing. Have had it on for almost two years and has never moved. Kind of hard to see in the photo but if you can zoom in you can see where I placed it.
Wheel Sky Tire Car Vehicle registration plate
photo. p

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2017 RT Plus, I put the RT emblem on the other side (passenger side), it snapped in to place though I did mange to break one of the tabs, I also put some contact cement on the tabs and back for added security so it didn’t come off during car washing. Have had it on for almost two years and has never moved. Kind of hard to see in the photo but if you can zoom in you can see where I placed it. View attachment 301846 photo. p
LDM - how did you do that? I tried that exact thing and wouldn't snap in - I'm not sure I'm using the correct space for it.
I wish someone had a pic of where exactly to push the pegs into.

Cedar

·
Registered
29 Posts
Going from memory, but got the bottom clips on first and then the top, one of the top clips snapped but one held. Carefully removed it and then added some contact cement to the back and clips and reinstalled. I have it in line with the Dodge emblem on the other side. Has held with no issues even with weekly car washes in summer, I know it’s not original on my car but it adds a nice dress up to the RT. Non Charger/Challenger guys won’t know it didn’t come with it.

Motor vehicle Font Vehicle Wood Automotive exterior
Aircraft Airplane Toy airplane Vehicle Aviation

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going from memory, but got the bottom clips on first and then the top, one of the top clips snapped but one held. Carefully removed it and then added some contact cement to the back and clips and reinstalled. I have it in line with the Dodge emblem on the other side. Has held with no issues even with weekly car washes in summer, I know it’s not original on my car but it adds a nice dress up to the RT. Non Charger/Challenger guys won’t know it didn’t come with it.

View attachment 301870 View attachment 301871
Ok where did you buy yours? I got the OEM one attached here from Amazon and it said it was for RT. 68227442AB..1

Grey Font Electric blue Symbol Wood

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found my original purchase from eBay, Avondale Automotive Front Honeycomb Grille R/T Nameplate, New OEM Mopar.
Mopar Part # 6822 7422 AB-001, same one you got.
Looking at your picture the tab with the hook has to clip into your grill to lock it in place.

There is another part number 6810 4034 AA-001 on eBay looks like the picture I attached previously it looks like it has for hooked tabs, might be worth ordering if it is returnable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts