Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious about this as i've read that it's more likely you can have issues with the warranty being void by using chips, etc, but what about installing a Cold Air Intake? I'd think if you use the Mopar one being that it's an OEM part, there's no way the warranty could be void by installing that CAI, would that be correct?

That's why i'm more towards leaning to Mopar vs. K&N or another brand as it seems like it "could" just open a can of worms down the line. The only other thing i'm gonna do is change the exhaust to the Borla 125 series. From what i've read it doesn't seem like that would void the warranty either, but i'm curious if anyone has ever had problems in the past with installing an exhaust and having trouble with their warranty?

The reason i'm asking is because Dodge/Chrysler is the only company to "ever" as far as I know offer a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN warranty as well as a LIFETIME WRAP with their Maxicare - bumper to bumper plan. I want to make these enchancements, but not if there might be a problem in the future should something go wrong.

Any advice, suggestions?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I was just curious about this as i've read that it's more likely you can have issues with the warranty being void by using chips, etc, but what about installing a Cold Air Intake? I'd think if you use the Mopar one being that it's an OEM part, there's no way the warranty could be void by installing that CAI, would that be correct?

That's why i'm more towards leaning to Mopar vs. K&N or another brand as it seems like it "could" just open a can of worms down the line. The only other thing i'm gonna do is change the exhaust to the Borla 125 series. From what i've read it doesn't seem like that would void the warranty either, but i'm curious if anyone has ever had problems in the past with installing an exhaust and having trouble with their warranty?

The reason i'm asking is because Dodge/Chrysler is the only company to "ever" as far as I know offer a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN warranty as well as a LIFETIME WRAP with their Maxicare - bumper to bumper plan. I want to make these enchancements, but not if there might be a problem in the future should something go wrong.

Any advice, suggestions?
Go ahead and do it. Those bolt ons really shouldn't do anything to send a red flag. Keep in mind that the parts you replace will not be part of the lifetime wrap obviously. Even though they come from Mopar, they are considered performance pieces and have no warranty with them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Optimus, that is pretty much what I figured, I just wanted some reassurance. Yes, I know those parts i'm installing like the Mopar OEM CAI won't be warranted as it was installed "post-purchase" and as you said, they are performance parts.

I was a little more concerned with the exhaust as it isn't OEM, but again, couldn't figure how that would affect the warranty, just figured i'd ask anyway. I would figure in many cases after 5-10 years if someone has their car that long they'd probably replace the muffler at a muffler shop anyway so that's more wear and tear over time.

Thanks for your input, those are the first two things I'm going to do.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey Optimus, off topic a little bit that's a nice car you got in the pic although it's tough to see it looks nice. I keep reading people are getting "hood struts" what would be the purpose of hood struts exactly?

I was also thinking my old Laredo had a glove compartment light but the R/T doesn't...how did you go about buying and hooking that up? And last but not least, where did you buy the SRT8 HOOD and how much (if you don't mind me asking) did you pay for the hood and LABOR to install and paint?

The hood scoop on the SRT8 looks MEAN man.....that was something I was thinking of doing "down the line" if I could get a decent deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts