Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. OEM chrome grille off my '14 RT for $50. That includes shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. Sorry Canada, HI, and AK. I'll ship to you, but shipping cost is on you, because the price jumps significantly when you cross the border or ocean.

Anyway, this is a new takeoff item. With about 2 miles on it. There was white plastic wrap on it when it showed up at the dealership (and the rest of the front end). They took the wrap off so we could drive the car to confirm condition prior to taking delivery, and I drove the car around the block. We completed the paperwork and it was then parked in my garage waiting for spring.

I have since taken the stock grille off and installed a black one. I'll get some more pics of the grille, but till then he's one on the car, and one of why it's off the car.

The tabs are all intact and unbroken. No scratches in the finish or other flaws. This is about as new as it gets.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Congrats for new Charger, Shots
If I not misstake, you had a white SXT, correct?

The black grill surround looks awesome, some people (not Charger owners) asking "why to take out fancy chromed one and replace with black?"
Did you weight to get the "gloss black" one?

And the wheels, which ones do you have?
(recently I saw that Mopar offers 20" Envy in the Granite colour, not only the black).

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes, I had a white '12 before this one.

The new grille is satin, like I did on my '12. Not quite gloss, but not quite matte either. Kind of an minimum gloss. Enough to give it some shine, so it doesn't look like it a cheap plastic knockoff, or primer coat, but not so shiny that it looks like I took the grille of a color matched black car either.

As for the rims. I actually ordered the machined 18's. I don't mind 20's on a car, but they're all chrome or black. My wife doesn't like chrome rims, and I don't like black rims. We both like grey (or gunmetal) and/or machined aluminum, so it was a matter of finding one of those two options. We took the chrome rims off the '12 and swapped for some grey Challenger rims, and it looked great, so I considered that option again. Then while I was exploring options on the '14 Charger saw the available machined rims with gunmetal pockets. It was a perfect choice, so I specified that I wanted those. I'm going to paint the calipers when the weather improves, but till then here's a shot of one of the rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Oh, ok
I got it. Those rims actually looks very nice. I have the same and will keep them for winter tires.
Drove near the Charger, that also has them, and while wheels rotating, the visual effect is cool - not like shiny round (chrome rims), but as "metal disk with fixed center point".

·
Registered
2019 Indigo Blue Charger Scat Pack
16 Posts
Very interested do you still have these I'm in NC.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
And some more photos of the OEM stickers, and stamps.

Molded into the center of the grille is the Mopar Star, along with the following markings:
>ABS+PC<
H1101

To the right of that stamp is a series of circles that I assume have some sort of code. Under the circles are the markings:
11LD 123AA

Then there are several stickers on the grille. The green one is marked:
09/18/41

There are two orange stickers marked:
18 2013(marked perpendicular to the others) 2216
and
091913SW

There is one white sticker marked:
SEP(perpendicular) 18 2013(perpendicular) 05

And last is a bar code sticker marked:
Part No. 9402419 H1140
LD Alt Surr Chrome

Now the obvious description is that it came off my '14 RT with 2 miles on it, but those stickers should tell you exactly what it is, and also confirm it is an OEM part.
I also included a photo of it wrapped in the packaging (except the box) so you can see it will be securely packaged. There is a foam "bag" that it slides into. That bag is inside a plastic bag. Then the two bags are wrapped in large bubble wrap. This is how the black grille came packaged so I'm confident the chrome will ship securely in the same set-up.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts