Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing the deadliner as soon as the materials arrive; hopefully tomorrow.
Anyway, I figured that if I am going to re-do the rear deck, now would be the easiest time.

So black suede, like the headliner, posts, sunvisors, et all; OR different carpeting, OR something completely different?

I'd like to see/hear other peoples' ideas.

BTW, black 'astro turf' is not considered an 'upgrade' from the factory grey. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear windows are tinted. I was a bit concerned about the possibility of 'suede fade' as well.
I'm thinking now about the inexpensive black speakerbox fabric. It stretches pretty easily and stays black.
+++

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've finished the sunvisors, A-pillars, B-pillars, bottom half of the rear sail panels, center console cover & 3 of the doors so far.
I'm still waiting for the material to arrive for the headliner itself. If it gets here today, I'll probably have this put back together tonight.

I hope it gets here today!:banana:
+++

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. It is black now.:smile:

I also did the arm rests.

The dog-gone material didn't come in! (BooHoo)

That's no big deal really. I just wish I was able to get this finished.

BTW, I'm probably going to go with the suede on the rear deck. I'm not thrilled with adding a new material to this project; I'm afreaid it will 'clutter' things up.
+++
+++

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Are you going to just wrap it over the existing carpet?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a great question.
I haven't decided yet.
I might cut out a template of the carpet from 1/4" melamine and cover that instead.
I could maybe make it flat that way, otherwise, yes, I would go right over the existing carpet if it can't be removed to some type of 'core support/backer panel' material.

If I go with black carpet, I can just replace what is there. If I go suede, it has to wrap over something to keep the shape.

Tough call, that is exactly why my car still has grey carpet and the anchor-hole covers still attached.
+++

1 - 11 of 11 Posts