Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for assistance. Performed the cluster swap mod on my '14 Charger R/T.
OEM equipment is obviously 2014, cluster I'm swapping to is from a '17 Scat Pack. Current millage on the car with OEM gear is 30640.~, new cluster shows 35287.~. I'm using OBDLink CX as recommended by various forums/posts and ALPHAOBD App on Android, Pixel 4 phone. App functions, new cluster functions, OBDLink connects and I can access and 'perform' functions, but am having a heck of a time trying to get the millage to correct. I've strolled through many other posts, "Do it 5 times, convert to KM then try, reset full power" but am not having any luck.

So I'm reaching out to anyone who has successfully completed this, specifically the millage correction, that may be able to give me incite on ether what I'm doing wrong, or tips / tricks to be successful.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yeah, off by 5k miles, not really a big deal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whelp, not sure what changed or if it just happens to stick with an amount of luck, by I tried to update the millage again this morning and it took. Stayed after a full shutdown / lock / startup cycle so I must be good. Didn't change anything about the process, but it is good now, and I'm super excited to have the newer dash / cluster.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,235 Posts
When I did my 2011 Pursuit conversion to 2015, I did not have to convert with KM at all.

I suggest connecting to the Cluster, but do not use the year powernet of the car, but year of the cluster range. I.E. When I changed mine I went to the 2016 powernet, then connect to I/C and had no issues besides being not able to change my idle and engine hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts