Registered
366 Posts
Over looking a soccer field in Germany.

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1350310125.650839.jpg

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
No. you're not missing anything. Every Photo contest is the same. Some folks don't read the rules or pay attention to the theme. They just post whatever they think is close enough (or don't care if it is).

It's up to the OP to moderate the entries as they see fit (or not).
Yup, every month has photos that aren't even close to the theme, some that are a modest attempt, and some that actually follow it. The OP should post the photos they feel are acceptable in the voting poll. No harm in posting extra photos in the entry thread. Just like posting old photos. Every month at least one archive photo is posted. The point is to get out and take some pics, but it doesn't hurt anything to have the old shots posted. Some of them are darn good pics.

Take my photo for example. I used mountains, since I have no sky scrapers around me, and no parking garages. Probably not even close to the theme but it's the most elevated shot I've got. I don't really expect the OP to use a shot like that, but it still looks good, and keeps the tread active. Half the time I'll post a pic that loosely fits the theme, just to remind myself about the thread. Then I'll update and/or replace the shot with my actual entry. Not likely to happen this month though unless you count a corn silo as a "skyscraper". Ha ha.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yup, every month has photos that aren't even close to the theme, some that are a modest attempt, and some that actually follow it. The OP should post the photos they feel are acceptable in the voting poll. No harm in posting extra photos in the entry thread. Just like posting old photos. Every month at least one archive photo is posted. The point is to get out and take some pics, but it doesn't hurt anything to have the old shots posted. Some of them are darn good pics.

Take my photo for example. I used mountains, since I have no sky scrapers around me, and no parking garages. Probably not even close to the theme but it's the most elevated shot I've got. I don't really expect the OP to use a shot like that, but it still looks good, and keeps the tread active. Half the time I'll post a pic that loosely fits the theme, just to remind myself about the thread. Then I'll update and/or replace the shot with my actual entry. Not likely to happen this month though unless you count a corn silo as a "skyscraper". Ha ha.
In some parts of the country, a corn silo is a skyscraper!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I took it to mean the parking garage was a suggestion...the theme was the 'sky'....so anything that has the sky on thebackgroind...biuldings, mountains, stuff like that

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
In some parts of the country, the corn is a skyscraper! :)
Ha ha!!!!!

I took it to mean the parking garage was a suggestion...the theme was the 'sky'....so anything that has the sky on thebackgroind...biuldings, mountains, stuff like that
Yeah me too. I generally try to get my "reminder" post at least close to the theme, so I was going for a focus on the sky too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ddaddy just curious i won in september but my car was posted on the front page ? whats going on it wasnt fair .....26TH is the deadline you guys post more photos

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
ddaddy just curious i won in september but my car was posted on the front page ? whats going on it wasnt fair .....26TH is the deadline you guys post more photos
I'm afraid I don't understand your post. Your car was posted on the front page of which post? I just looked at the September voting contest and it's still there. What is it that you think is going on? I'm confused...:confused:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Kokes45....nice shot man!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ddaddy I won September voting contest correct? Why hasn't my car been posted on the main page like the the others on charger forums.com like other winners for other month. My car wasn't in the spotlight it's just not right. I won fair and square to be feature member of the month with my photos on the main page of the charger forums.com

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I was confused too. I think I understand the question now though. The photo contest cars aren't posted on the main page of the forum. This line of threads has always been just for fun, and an excuse to take/post pictures. Nothing against your car, your photo or anything personal. Just not the way they get the photos for the forum main page.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
If you see on the main page of the cars it saids ride of te month and skips September but how do I make a poll?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you see on the main page of the cars it saids ride of te month and skips September but how do I make a poll?
Are you talking about the main page of the forums with the three cars in the banner? If not can you supply the link to which page your talking about?

Ok, I think I see what your referring to:
ROTM: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202

monthly photo contest:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159165

Two different photo contests.
Am I correct?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts